A little Day Dreaming

On the way back from my interview at the Job Centre a fortnight ago I came back through our John Lewis store via their kitchen Department.  I had a quick look around the cookers, more out of curiosity than anything else as I certainly cannot afford one of the big range cookers I like or indeed have anywhere to put it where we are at the moment.  But it was the end of the day I had been very busy and had worked hard so I decided to indulge in a little day dreaming and so started to work my way along the range type cookers in the store. I found a Smeg cooker and a Rangemaster cookers and they offer all sorts of possibilities.  

First off it was the Smeg I fell for a beautiful cream range cooker with lots of gas hobs and a wok hob on the top.   Here is the link here:  Smeg Range Cooker.

Since looking online I have also found this one as well:

https://www.cookersandovens.co.uk/Smeg-Victoria-90cm-Cream-Induction-Range-Cooker-13363.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20-%20All%20Products&utm_term=4579672089495939&utm_content=All%20Products#product_tabs_specification

Further along I came across a smaller model Rangemaster with a long side cooker with a deep set of shelves in. That I could see would be very very useful.  I am going to look into both cookers a little further on the specs etc and to see what else they actually do have.  I liked the Smeg one as it had a warming drawer but at £2,100 or thereabouts.  It would definitely have to be a lottery win to afford the same.  

Fast forward ten days.  I met up with my friend last Wednesday and as usual we trawled through John Lewis to see what they had.  She is looking to replace her kitchen and wanted to have a look at what they had in store and whether they had any particularly nice ideas for internal storage.  We therefore went for a mooch and on the way down to the kitchen area we passed the range cookers.  Independently, and without me having said anything to her she stopped in front of the Smeg cooker and said that was the one that she thought would suit me to a tee!  I had not said a thing to her.  Told her then what had happened and her eyebrows raised a tad.  We had a look at the other one as well and I said that I did not know which was the best model to go for in the event that I won the Lottery!  L pointed out that one of her other friends had bought the second model with the long narrow cooker to the side and she had been very disappointed with it as it was not really that big.  It is tall in length but not very deep.  That kind of finalised things and put them into perspective for me.  So at the moment the dream cooker is a Smeg range cooker unless of course I can afford an Aga!  

Sometimes though it does you good to dream.  Mine are getting a tad expensive.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. it does not matter how expensive your dreams are, you wake up and they are gone like smoke. I miss my solid fuel range but I do not miss the work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts