A little sewing update

Well I have been brave and I have watched the DVD for the Janome DC7100 (has 100 different stitches).  The machine looks very simple to use - I think the complicated bit so far is the threading.  The DVD instructions make it look easy and the functions are easily broken down.  A long way on from the last really super duper machine I used when I was at college in 1976.  I have only ever had a Toyota which was bought for about £100 and the stitch tension kept going wrong on the machine.  Nearly every time I had it serviced they had to do something to it.  

At the moment I am feeling a little happier about using it.  From what I have seen I am impressed.  Now to get to grips with it.  Once this one is sorted and the patchwork is under way that I want to get done then I shall dive in with the Janome 500E Embroidery machine.  Now I really am looking forward to using that.  I should have used it by now but lack of courage and lack of time combined have caused the delay.  It did give me the opportunity to get all the adhesive material and embroidery threads together though so there has been a blessing in the delay.

So that is another thing off the list.  Fortunately my friend is a very good seamstress so I am sure she will sort me out if I have a problem.  

Today therefore has been a very productive day in the greater scheme of things.  Now to find my pins and my thread which are also needed for tomorrow.

Catch you later peeps.

Take care.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Patty - your machines will compliment each other, when you've finished your patchwork quilt, you'll be able to make a label for it on the embroidery machine - some embroidery machines can also have some beautiful quilting patterns on them - enjoy them and I'll look forward to seeing what you make xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. one step at a time, try different techniques, feet and stitches out and keep them in a binder to refer back to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's Dawn. I will do. Had to do that when I was at college (I did Olevel Dressmaking). It was the last time I really used a decent machine (they were quite upmarket for the time) but lovely machines. The Janome is far simpler to use than I thought it was going to be and it feels really comfortable and despite not using a sewing machine for sometime it has come up better than I had anticipated. Hope you are keeping well. Kind regards. Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts