Gardening bits and bobs

Yesterday I purchased main crop potatoes.  Rocket and King Edward.  The garden is a mess and my dad taught me that to clear ground and get a good workable soil to grow potatoes to start with.  As potatoes have been so dear recently I decided to do something about it.  I will look to see if I can get some salad ones in as well.  So now to chit the potatoes.

I also bought three roses all climbing ones from the £ shop.  We will see how things go with those.  There is a pink, lavender and red one.  I need to put up an arch or something at the end of the herb garden so that there are no nosey neighbours peeking through.  I have some trellis so will have a word with OH to see what can be done.

I now need to get a little done in the garden and get the growing houses cleaned and on the go.  I have lots of seeds now to get the compost and to get busy growing.

I also have my eye on some violas, and want some basic herbs in the herb garden to get it going again.  The herb stock needs replenishing and the grape vine needs some kind of framework our side of the fence. It will come.  Will purchase some to start with and then grow the rest from seed.  I need to get going.

Right had better get a wriggle on.

Catch up later.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts