It's Pancake Day tomorrow

Tomorrow is Shrove Tuesday and it is Pancake Day.  Yay.  I absolutely love pancakes and will quite regularly have them as they are quick and simple to make. OH has to be in the mood for them though.  Being as I had been using a large frying pan to do these in I have been and bought a couple of smaller pans as these will be the ideal size for me and possibly for OH.

I have also stocked up on some various sauces (for long term use not necessarily just for tomorrow) although in fairness I think that the best pancakes are often the most simplest i.e. cherry pie filling with some ice cream or whipped cream or lemon or orange juice with a sprinkle of caster sugar.  I am therefore looking forward to indulging in one or two.  However I am also very fond of blueberry pancakes as well so they could also be on the cards.  Decisions, decisions.

One of my memories surrounding "pancakes" was after moving to a village outside of Peterborough when I was 11, I ended up going to the local senior school.  I was taken to my first class which was a three hour period of "Domestic Science" and I remember quite clearly that the girls were making pancakes.  After being in the class for about an hour or so another pupil came to collect me and took me off to the class of Mrs Scott, the English Teacher, who apparently nobody argued with and I ended up doing an English lesson.  It was only when the Domestic Science Teacher came to collect me that they realised what had happened.  Mrs Scott was under the impression that I was a year older than I was.  The English lesson was with the year senior to me and we had been tested on some spellings and some general language work.  I apparently acquitted myself quite well in that.  Mrs Scott had apparently "kidnapped" me and there had been a bit of a fuss with the Domestic Science Teacher trying to locate me which as I say she eventually did.  I then went back to complete the Domestic Science lesson.  However when I make pancakes I always remember that day.  

Do you like pancakes, and like me do you need a regular "fix".   How do you like to eat and serve them?  Do tell.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, I had completely blanked Shrove Tuesday out. Many thanks for the reminder,I like them thin with lemon and a little sugar or the thick American style with berries and Maple syrup. I do make them for breakfast at times with bacon, sausage and Maple Syrup. Naughty but very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my uses Pam. Hope you enjoy your pancakes Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts