A day out



I had a fantastic day yesterday starting off with a visit to the Festival of Antiques which is held in Peterborough twice a year.  Please see the link here. http://www.festivalofantiques.co.uk/

I had never been to this before and had not appreciated just how large it was.  As the size of the event is massive you really need two days to go around all the outside stalls as well as the sheepsheds, and the main Arena building and the smaller one.  I did not get to see everything but I definitely intend to return to the event which is again held in September.  My friend and I had a blast finding many lovely things.  I did not buy anything yesterday after all I am decluttering.  However it has given me an idea as to the quality of the items and the prices available and for some things that I would like to add to the collection (obviously after reducing what I have already) in the future.  I was somewhat overwhelmed as the amount of stuff that was available was incredible.

It was a beautiful day weatherwise and it was just lovely walking around with someone who has similar tastes to myself and enjoys the looking without necessarily needing to buy,  I really enjoyed it.


Then in the evening I went with my other friend and her husband to see the "Illegal Eagles".  My friends had been to see them last year and had really been impressed and asked me if I wanted to go with them this time round.  They were fantastic and it was a really good evening,  They are certainly very skilled musicians and singers.  It was a very entertaining evening.  I am looking forward to them returning next year when we shall go again.  Absolutely brilliant.

There Facebook page is here: 


So another brilliant event with very good company.  Thank you so much Linda and Dave.

An absolutely brilliant day ending with plans for a trip to London hopefully later in the year to see a ballet - I have never been to one so something to look forward to.

I have another busy day tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan xx

Comments

Popular Posts