The Dresser Shelves

Or at least one set of them.






For many years on and off I have collected Victorian style glass ground lidded storage containers to hold food in on one of my Welsh Dressers. Whilst unpacking the unit recently I have located a few more and I believe I have a few more hidden in boxes yet to be unpacked.  




I have also been cleaning the house and in the process the dining room has been attacked so the dressers have been sorted and the contents of jars updated.  Even though it is a small collection it has been added to by adding recycled coffee jars, and some of my mum's old Maxwell coffee jars which I pick up as and when I can.  




I also had started collecting a range of Kilner storage jars which I absolutely love then they stopped making them.  They are the square jars on the shelf and I am also adding more of these as and when I can locate them.  This is just one dresser in the dining room the other is more for dinner plates, crockery and glass.  However my pantry is full so I find space where I can to squirrel away items.

As many of you will know I buy vintage large sweet jars and use these for storing bulk items like porridge oats and pasta.  I am still adding jars  as and when I can.  I have one utilised as a Rumptopf jar which is on the top shelf at the back on the dresser as well as some frilled pink green and white pasta.  I have a couple of jars more to add.  

I also have proper Rumptopf ceramic jars and these will be going on the top shelf of the other dresser.  I use one of these for making mincemeat as well as Batchelors Brandy, Cherry Brandy and of course Rumptopf.  I use large Kilner jars for making other liqueur style drinks.  In fact I have a few to decant in the next week or so.

Inline with that I have also located some fancy bottles that I had also forgotten that I had bought which I will decant some of the liqueurs into in due course.  I have to locate some corks for some of the square bottles as the corks are bigger than the ones I have in house but that is something to look out for in due course. I had not realised how many I had accumulated and I think there are still more to come.  My squirrelling instincts coming out to the fore .




Whilst unpacking the boxes I also came across the following little bedroom cushions which I had also forgotten I had bought.   I am intending to put them into use in the bedroom once that has been sorted out as well.






I think I must have had a brain transplant or at least been taken over by aliens as I also found these delightful candle holders which I think will look lovely with my Easter table stuff.  Pure whimsy but the right colours.  I have no idea where these came from at all but I do love them.



Here is wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx


Comments

Popular Posts