Saturday Roundup

Well I went with my Patchwork friend to Plush Addicts in Peterborough to do the first session of what she hopes is going to be a regular event every third Saturday in the month from now on.  I hope to go with her where I can.   Plush Addict is at Brassey Close, Peterborough and their website is here Plush Addict.  I must say that they have lots of lovely fabric and useful bits in there.  The staff are very accommodating.

We had a lovely morning.  My friend was desperately trying to do work on her quilt.  Me being a novice and not being very confident with the cutting kept asking questions and distracting her.  She is a very good teacher and I have started another top which is akin to a lightning zig zag.  Unfortunately I cannot load photos at the moment so will have to add this at a future date.

However I am getting happier with the rotary cutter. I cut the majority of the strips I needed today - my friend just squared  me up a little. I do have to square up on my cutting though.  I also need a couple of feet for my sewing machine.  A quarter inch foot and a quilting foot.  They will come.

I am hoping next weekend to get on to the sewing machine to square up my first quilt with the quilting I need to unpick still and then re-quilt.  Then I shall be up to speed with that and then the next lesson will be the binding.

I had hoped to get out in the garden when I got back however we have had several showers and drying up bits in between but it has not dried very well and is just a little too wet to do anything.

Tomorrow all being well I am out with another friend.  Hopefully we are going to a food fair at Grimsthorpe Castle.  Well that is the outline plan.  We shall wait and see what we shall see.

Right am off to potter and hopefully do a little browsing on the Internet.

Catch you shortly.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts