A little update

As to what I have been doing.  Last night I started on a load of paper sorting.  Over the years, things have got out of hand a bit despite my best intentions.  Now its time to try and start to clear it up as best I can.  I had a bin liner full of paperwork. It had all been opened and checked but I had been a bit remiss in actually getting it into a filing system where I could find things.  The bin bag kept staring at me; it did not move - I felt disinclined to deal with it - it kept starting though and in the end I started to deal with it.  I bought four bright Fuschia pink Lever Arch files to start with and I have sorted out quite a lot of the paperwork inserting it into sleeves and then disposing of all the rubbish by hand shredding it.  Last night the paper shredder decided to give up the ghost.  Another thing for replacing in due course.  These items sure do pick their timing - not!

I had an appointment with the Employment Consultant today wherein I updated her with regard the contact from the Agency I had yesterday (I went and registered with an Agency that she had introduced me to and they are taking me onto their books for a full time Legal Secretary job).  She also gave me some other suggestions and I have some stuff to do over the next few days.  Homework as it were. I will speak with her again next week.  Note to myself - need to get cracking and think this through.  Other things keep interfering but it needs to be sorted and I need to get back to being totally organised I like I used to be.

I also whilst up town bought myself a new white linen skirt which fits very nicely and should look very nice with one of my numerous tops.  I also have white linen slacks.  I noticed when I nipped through M & S that they have some nice cream and pink ones for £25 a pair.  Might have to have a look at them another time - or make them myself as I am quite itching to get back to my sewing machine on several fronts.

When I got back after last night's marathon with the paperwork I had had enough of the sight of paper and so instead of carrying on I went out into the fresh air and started doing some gardening, chucking out and re-organising the mess a bit in the back garden.  I have made a little headway but it needs a concerted effort.  Yet again more rubbish has been disposed of.

I had a quick tea, a couple of toasted tea cakes and then a hot drink for afterwards.  Might have a milky coffee soon.

I then sat for a little while watching the tutorial for the virus shawl and started to follow the tutorial.  I have to undo a little bit as I lost concentration due to tiredness but it is not working up too badly.  Will tackle it again tomorrow undoing the bit that is wrong and then trying to work out exactly where I went wrong.  The pattern is working up nicely but I know I have gone wrong



I am now looking at the paperwork again - it is looking back at me but I need to deal with it.  Fortunately it is all sorted into plastic folders so just a matter of sorting it into the correct folder.  I suspect I am going to need some more folders at some stage however we will deal with that when we get to it.

Right have a lot to do.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Good to hear you are biting the bullet over the paperwork - dratted stuff never goes away does it?

    Well started with the crochet - what a pretty pattern.

    I hope that the agency find you a suitable job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have four Lever Arch files full so far and there are further boxes to deal with yet. I am trying to extend my stitch and pattern repertoire on the crochet front. Early days yet with the Agency but they seem very professional. Hope you are feeling a bit more tickety boo. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Before you go out and purchase another shredder. Try it again. Sometimes when they get too warm they will shut off. Maybe you won't have to get a new one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts