Rain

Has absolutely stopped play work today and absolutely no work in the garden has happened today.

I had to go into town to the Job Centre for an appointment at 11:40pm and then met a friend for lunch at 1pm.  We put the world to rights and then I came home.  I got drenched on the walk in and on the way back with a damp squib reporting home at just after 3:30pm.  

Since coming home we have had one or two breaks in the weather during which I have emptied some of the boxes in the garden which are full of Christmas decorations and bought them into the house.  They are ultimately going into the loft once floor boards are down and I am hoping that can happen next weekend as the quicker I can get things like this in the loft out the way the easier it will be for me to get the rest of the house sorted out and back into some sort of order.  I also have some decorating to do in the kitchen and the bathroom so the quicker I can get on the better all round.  That decorating should not take too long once I can get to it.  It is the drying time inbetween that holds things up.

Fortunately rain held off whilst we walked Missy but it was a little overcast then to say the least.  It is currently having another little shower.  So today has been a "wash out" as far as the garden is concerned.  My seeds have really galloped along though.

Clearing the boxes this evening has opened up the pathway a bit more in order to get the rubbish from the garden out of the garden and into the front for taking to the rubbish tip.  Then I can get the growing houses in situ down there and out the way and I can get some more seeds planted up.  I have four of them.

I also found a pear tree and I think it is a Quince tree in the jungle.  There are a couple of fig trees and another Quince to find I believe which all need repotting into larger tubs so that is on the to do list as well.

Next week I only have a couple of outings and on Monday and Tuesday I will be at home.  I need to be here as there is so much to do and so little time to do it.

After the past fortnight non-stop on the garden I am playing hookey tomorrow.  I am going to be with my friend at Plush Addicts doing some more patchwork.  At the moment is planned that we will be there the third Saturday in every month. At the moment I am not sure whether we are just there from 10:00am until 2:0pm or longer.  Will establish that this time round and then post up further information if any of you would wish to join us.  My friend is the lady who creates beautiful quilts for Project Linus and who indeed is Area Coordinator.  So if you are free and want to come along have a chat, bring some work please feel free to do so.  Plush Addicts in Peterborough is now at Brassey Close off the Old Lincoln Road.

Right am off to get some tea.  Simple tea this evening  baked beans on toast.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts