Sunday Round up

Has been busy but more "bitting" about than anything else.  I got some more seeds sown and into the mini greenhouses.  I still have a lot to do in the herb garden but before I can finish that I need to do a foray into the jungle to clear that a bit so that I can get the mini greenhouses out of the way as I need to get some of the stuff still in the garden into the house.  To get that into the house I need to clear the mini greenhouses from where they currently are so that I can carry stuff through the available gap.

Yesterday I managed to get all of my crystal glassware washed, repacked and then into a new box (there is an 8 place setting of small beer tankards, champagne flutes, brandy glasses, whisky glasses, tall tumblers, white wine glasses red wine glasses, water glasses a couple of crystal lidded pots for sugared almonds or Turkish delight, a couple of jugs and a decanter to the set).  

I also sorted out a smaller box of fragile cut glass ware.  Odds and sods that I have bought for general use.  They are so delicate and although a mixed bag they certainly blend in with each other even though they are not the same design.

So I am pleased in a way that I have been able to tackle a bit of the stored items and made sure that they are packed more tightly to save on space.

I have a lot of Christmas decorations that need the same attention as well.  So for the time being until I get a clear stretch at stuff I am "bitting and bobbing" around to clear the immediate stuff before me.  It is the only way I can do it at the moment.

On top of that I have started in the kitchen again. I have stripped and washed out two cupboards today as well and washed everything in it and then popped it back in a tidier order.  I have loads of stuff to get into a smaller space and so am organising as I go.  However I am planning to get a couple of boxes to pop on top of the units for stuff that I use on a regular basis but for which I have no practical storage space for at the moment.

I had planned on cooking a piece of brisket for tea this evening, but because I have been busy I took a rain check on that and we had quite a hefty salad, with cucumber, celery, fennel fronds, cherry plum tomatoes, tomato, red pepper, mixed lettuce, sweet lettuce leaves mixture, shallot, provolone cheese, and a variety of deli meats that needed using up.  It went down extremely nicely. I also used some of my home made pickled beetroot too. We have had strawberry and cream for pudding as well.  Both items have gone down extremely well.   Will probably do the roast beef tomorrow instead as the brisket will need slow and careful cooking.  I think I cook perhaps more for flavour than anything else.  Going to cook the beef over a carrot, onion and celery base perhaps with some garlic in as well so that we get a yummy gravy.

Much later than planned I have also watered up the plants outside in the herb garden. I have also cut some plant rings from an old lemonade bottle to pop around some of the plants I have to plant out as well to try and give some protection against being eaten by slugs and the like.  My garden appears to be better than it has been in the past but I am not taking any chances.  I still have some more rings to cut.

When I really get into the garden as well I am going to have to treat the fences with preservative, the shed needs covering again and I also have some planters to paint/stain as well.

One job that does need doing is that I need OH to put up some posts for a washing line for me so that I can get the washing dried outside.  It always smells fresher when it has been air dried.

I am also considering purchasing one of these from Lakeland.  


My friend has one and it reminds me of the old fashioned airing cabinet that my mum had when my brother was a baby to get his nappies dried and our clothes aired.  Mum was always very particular about getting clothes aired properly.  My friend rates this very highly. I wondered whether any of you owned such an item and whether or not you rated it or not.  Would be lovely to hear your thoughts on this.  It is supposedly cheaper to run than a tumble drier.

Right had better get on.  Another early start tomorrow and hopefully will be in the garden first thing.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I have one of these airers, and I wouldn't be without it. It does take up quite a bit of space when open, mine lives in the spare room. It will dry a full load of washing, I don't have a tumble dryer and in the winter I would struggle to get duvet covers etc dry. It works best if you cover the whole thing with a sheet or duvet cover, I just keep a spare sheet out for this. I feel sure you won't regret it if you get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Athene, that is very helpful. I was thinking about putting one in the spare room as well as we have little spaced downstairs, Shall have to start saving now. Take care and thank you for coming back to me. Kind regards Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts