Sunday

Has been hectic to say the least.  

My Sunday started rather un-glamourously dressed in old clothes.  We had a trip to the Recycling Centre lined up and so the first part of the day was engaged in packing all the rubbish that was ready into OHs Citroen van.  It was packed from top to bottom.  We duly went off, arrived and then had to repeat the performance in reverse - but at least that load of rubbish has been removed.

Since then I have been armed with a pair of secateurs doing battle royal with brambles, holly, honeysuckle and buddleia plants which had been self set. I am nearly down to the part of the garden that I have allocated for my growing houses but not quite there yet. It has been peaceful and I have been able to be mindful and just be in the moment most of the afternoon as well as methodically working my way through the jungle.  I have been in the fresh air, been doing a useful job although I have felt a tad guilty from removing wild territory for the local birds.  They still have the bottom of the garden at the moment though.

I have been checking my seeds as well.  All of them have come up and I am pretty pleased at that.  What a difference a day makes on the way the little seeds have grown.  Even my cherry tomatoes have come up.  Whether I get any from them will be another matter but I am intending to put them into hanging baskets and hopefully we will get a little reward along the line.  

So it will be an early start tomorrow as I will be getting up with OH.  Will probably make  myself a pancake for breakfast before going out into the garden for a full day.  I have a lot to do and so little time to do it in.

I have a piece of loin pork cooking for dinner and we are to have carrots, cauliflower and broccoli, runner beans, kale and mashed and roast potatoes with loads of gravy.  I am hungry and I think OH is too.  

My evening will be finished off by watching the first episode in the new series of Poldark although I understand this is likely to be the last series at present.

Right upwards and onwards my tummy is doing a grumbly.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts