Thursday update (on Friday)

Well I got stuck in, in the back garden and sorted out a load more pots that need to be washed; found a load of plastic red hanging baskets they will come in useful also need to be washed.  Loads of trays ditto, and I have started tackling the brambles.  They tried to bite back.  Have sorted out loads more bags of rubbish and mentioned to OH that we need a trip to the tip over the weekend; maybe two trips will be required.  Being out in the sun all day has done me good in myself I feel calmer.  I always do after some form of gardening and reconnecting with the earth.  Has done my vitamin D levels a lot of good.

Need to take some cuttings of the brambles as I need brambles for my fruit patch in the garden (just not where they are at the moment).  Also have a lilac and a dark purple buddleia that have set themselves just not in the right place.  Need to do the same with those as well.

It is slow work but it will be  job well done by the time I have finished.

Once this narrow stretch of the garden is cleared I would like OH to put me up a washing line.  It is very much needed.  I have a retractable one just need some posts putting up and it then needs setting up.  I think I may need to have to buy some clothes posts though and I need a new peg bag and some new pegs.  These will be projects in the next few weeks or so and I need some new ironing board covers.  So that will in effect be the laundry sorted.

Have caught sight of the other patio chairs and the table - not seen them for a little while so slow progress is being made.   Hope OH can fix the table a fitting has stopped working underneath.  Fingers crossed.  Then we will need to source a brolly and that should once the patio is down be the patio done.  I intend to have my potager just off of this. Whatever I do on the garden front will be a step closer than I had been even if I do not get much sown and growing food wise.

At the moment I am concentrating on the clearing of the garden.  I have other jobs like painting the fence and the shed to do as well but at the moment those sort of things are the finishing touches.  We also have the paving slabs for the patio to deal with.  Currently they are outside the back door so they need to be shifted once there is room to put them behind the shed.

It is the same with the plants I have to set.  I will do them once the ground is all cleared and I can see what I am doing.  I have a grape vine to tame and also take some cuttings of to get further plants on the go as well.  I have found one bag of seeds trouble is I have lost the rest again which I do really need.  I am hopeful that some of the seeds that I set a couple of days or so ago will come through shortly.  I love growing things from seed it is where my interest really lays.  

We also need some trellis to put up between us and the neighbour.  There is another reason for this my grape vine grows on this fence and it will with the aid of the trellis provide some privacy from prying eyes.

I also need some trellis panels for further down the garden as I have four Loganberry plants that need some support as well.  I can have hanging baskets off of the fence and planters underneath as well.  The other side will have my fruit trees and some cottage garden planting in due course and of course the potager beds inbetween the two relevant sets of fencing.

So progress is slow but the job is being done thoroughly in the greater scheme of things.

Hope you all have a lovely day today.

Kind regards.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts