Countdown to Christmas 2019 - 91 Days to Christmas - Decorations - Dancing Fairies/Ballerinas



Well my earlier post covered the Soldiers and in the Nutcracker Ballet there were plenty of Ballerinas.  So all is fair in love and war and we need a sense of balance so this time round it is the ladies out of wooden clothes pegs as well.  I like the way these have been done but I am leaning more to fabric skirts i.e. fine gauge net and satin embellished with beads and lace although this looks very pretty.





In case any of you are having difficulty in locating either the old round pegs known as Dolly pegs or ordinary wooden pegs, they can be purchased from Hobbycraft. 

Dolly pegs


I have bought my wooden ones from my local £ shop but the Dolly pegs are not as easy to find.   As I am making the soldiers as well I am going to need more.  I will also need some pearlized paint so I may well go and have a nosey in our local Hobbycraft shortly.


I will also have a look in the Works as they also have some interesting bits and bobs.  I have lots of suitable fabric for making the dresses in any event and plenty of lace and beads for embellishment.  I am just really low on paints and that is where I will have to invest a little cash as it is  not something that I normally keep in-house.

I have lots of other bits and bobs in the scrap box.

I have in mind to play a little with the wooden bits on Friday night after I finish my first week at work.  A time to relax and just chill.  

This weekend I have a lot of organising to do for next week on the food front. I shall cook up some bits and bobs for the fridge.

I am also hoping to go to the Peterborough Antiques fair on Saturday so shall be looking out for bits and bobs that I might be able to utilise in some traditional decorations as well.  I shall also be looking out for some lovely items for the Christmas table as well.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




Comments

Popular Posts