Countdown to Christmas - 88 Days to Christmas - Snowman Dolly peg tree ornament

Continuing with the Christmas decorations I have since my earlier posts found the following:

Now I am really taken with this one looks totally cheeky.  It will make a lovely tree decoration.  However I am going to have to wait to work on this one as I have no paint.  Not only am I going to have a large gluing session but it looks as though I am going to be having a large painting session as well.  Painting I must say is not really my forte.  I wish I was good at it but I am sadly not. I know my limitations.  It does not stop me having a go.  Plus it looks as though I am going to have to locate some small fittings like the little hats and some backing stars.









I will also keep my eyes peeled for unusual objects to use in my crafting and some individual pieces to use for my home décor for Christmas or anything else that takes my fancy.  It will predominantly be looking rather than buying tomorrow however when the Antiques Fair returns next year I hopefully will have been able to save up and be able to look properly for those very individual pieces.

In the meantime it is the little things that are pleasing me most.  Being small it is keeping my hands occupied, my mind interested and best of all is not costing an arm and a leg.

I had thought also to make some of these decorations out of cinnamon sticks.  I was thinking a Rudolph version too.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. These look fun. At the little craft group I belong to, we recently made snowmen which you paint and then bake briefly in the oven. They shrink up, and were fun to do.

    I look forward to seeing how your house will look this Christmas. Always good to get inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pop up some pictures once I get them painted (I need paint at the moment and that will have to wait until the weekend). Sounds intriguing. You do get to do some lovely unusual things. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts