Oh Happy Day

It has been a lovely day today.  We started off in Peterborough and had a short wander around the Chinese supermarket in town Janson Hong and then went to TK Max for a wander round there, going round a couple of Charity shops before leaving Peterborough and heading for Stamford.  In the British Heart Foundation I found six green glass glasses which match six I already have.  They were £2.99 and because I plan for 12 for the Christmas table they came home to join the six I already have.  I love green glass.  The glassware of yesterday is also more elegant and pleasing than some of the chunky stuff around today.

We had lunch on arriving and then headed for St Martin's Antiques Centre, having a lovely wander around and seeing lots of lovely items and furniture for sale.  I saw some very nice oil lamps both glass and brass but lots of other ephemera too.  A lot of the items that we saw last week were still in situ but it is a very good place in which to lose yourself with a like-minded co-conspirator.  The Hare pot was still talking to me as were the Oyster plates, the Whisky and Wine large stone crocks, two Edwardian tables which were the same shape but not exact copies but which matched pretty well and lots of other bits and bobs were speaking.  They will not be coming home at the moment though but still there is hope that I will be able to start adding a bit here and there later on when we get ourselves sorted a bit more and a bit more cleared up.  I also saw a lovely little oak desk, a great big oak coffer, a couple of sets of miniature drawers, and lots of white linen and curiosities.  It will all pan out eventually.

We then went to her home for a little while and put the world to rights.  

Her husband a little while back had brought her some very large fir cones home from a recent shoot he had been to.  I had cheekily asked if he went next time and that there were some around if he could get me some.  He had managed to do so and I came home this evening with such said fir cones with which I am extremely pleased.  They are going to be used in Christmas decorations.

It was a little sad today as it is my last Wednesday with her for a little time.  I shall see her for a little while on Sunday as we are going to an Antique Fair at Stamford Meadows.  The following weekend we are due to attend the Peterborough Antique Fair.  I am looking forward to both events.  We both love old things although our tastes are very different.

What I really need is the Dream House to come along so that I can get everything sorted and in situ and then will be able to decide whether some stuff really is what I want or whether to sell it on and replace it with something which is much more my taste.  I love going to auctions, Antique Fairs, car boots, charity shops etc. etc. as does she.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited that the Dream House puts in an appearance soon.

Hopefully the new job will work out and give me a little more financial freedom.  Time to start building up something for the future.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts