This and That

I am sorry I did not get to blog yesterday however real life got in the way again.

I had a fantastic day out with my friend and a good mooch around the Antiques Centre. Lots of lovely stuff could have found itself home with me yesterday. Found some wonderful Kitchenalia items in there yesterday.  Some really unusual ones.  Hope they still have them shortly.  

We had a lovely Sunday lunch courtesy of the King's Head in Maiden Lane  

(a haunt from when I was a teenager); had roast beef and all the trimmings and it was delicious.  We had a good recce around the charity shops as well although there was not as much in this time around.  Will see what a difference of a week makes and see what there is this weekend to come.  After our meander around Stamford I went back to my friend's home for a little while for a good chat and of course a pot of tea.  Something I am very partial to.  As I was later home than anticipated I had chores to do when I got in which resulted in me being later to bed than had been planned but that is the price to pay for a little jaunt.

In relating to the Christmas crafting, I found one of my green velvet curtains which I suspected I had somewhere.  Now to locate the other one.  Christmas stockings to make - might start those on Saturday to come and make them in one batch.  The curtain is a very dark what I would call  more a midnight green velvet but teamed with individual crochet mats that I have in the recycle pile  will look the business for ladies.  Might have to find something traditional for the men - something a little different maybe some tweed or tartan.  

I have some ideas for next year in respect of this sort of thing as well.  I am going to form a master plan for some different and unusual pressies a hit list as it were.  It was my plan to do something similar this year but I am not sure where the time has gone - and with other obligations just have not get there.  Will next year.  Will do what I can this year in any event.  I have five Christmas cakes and Christmas puddings to do yet come pay day.  A lot is going to be done in a very short space of time.

We have had pizza for tea this evening washed down with copious amounts of tea.

We are both shattered this evening as I had a late night last night.  Earlier to bed this evening.

Right am off to prepare for tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts