Lakeland Finds 2020


Please note I have to declare that this is not an advertisement for Lakeland, just things I have found and my own musings on them.  They are also not my photos and come from the Lakeland website so that you can see what I am talking about just in case you want to indulge yourself.

Whilst working my way around town and on the way back home I called into Lakeland to see what if any offers they had available.  Needless to say I came away home with some goodies.



The first is a fir cone cake mould/pudding mould.  I had already bought a couple of these but seeing that they had gone down to £2.99 I decided to buy another one which means that I now have a set of nine complete moulds.  [Might nip back and get another one tomorrow so that I have a set of 12].




I had been quite taken with the M & S Pinecone Dessert and the Acorn chocolates but not with their prices (£13 for the dessert and more for the chocolates)over Christmas.  As the pine cone/fir cone is an image that is used time and time again at Christmas, yet again this sort of thing is again on my wish list for 2020.

The second item is a Katy Sue Pine cone mould this was down to £5.99 from £12.99.  So two of these have come home with me as well.



The Third item is another Katy Sue mould this time Nuts and Berries.  £6.99 instead of £12.99.





The Fourth item is a snowflake dessert mould and cutter.  This was originally £12.99 I bought this for £4.99.


The Fifth item is some fancy metallic muffin cases.  Reduced to £1.99 a pack being held for use for Christmas 2020.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/32268/Muffin-Cases-with-Lace-Effect-Foil-Wrappers-–-Set-of-12

There have also been purchased several more Katy Sue Design moulds including Santa's Head, mistletoe and ivy mould, fir tree but unfortunately there are no links on the main website for the pictures and availability on these so if you find them in house at a local shop grab them.  I also managed to get another free standing Christmas tree silicone cake pan (I bought one of these the other year) so having two means things will get made a little quicker.

I have been very pleased to add these items to my stash in readiness for next Christmas.  Items that I had been looking at but which I could not afford full price. I have over the years bought many lovely baking and icing items so I really need to get my finger out for Christmas yet to come.  I feel really blessed today to have found these which were unexpected.

When I have the time I actually like playing around with chocolate and icing things.   Before Christmas I had managed to get two of the large fir cone moulds together with a tray to make my own sugar mice.  Something else that we used to be given at Christmas, pink and white sugar mice.  Sadly for Christmas 2019 I did not get there but this coming year a lot of stuff like this will be prepped up in advance in November.

Just to let you know for Katy Sue products there are all sorts of tutorials on You Tube on how to use the moulds to best advantage which I am going to use when I start playing with the  moulds.

I am also going to look into sourcing some moulds for fir cone candles and some different moulds for soap making as well.

Things are starting to come together a little which I am very pleased about.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

P.S. as an after thought I have found this video which shows all the other moulds I located in Lakeland as well.





Comments

Popular Posts