Manual Water Filter

I have had one of these before but it got broken and I did not get round to replacing it.  Last week I only replaced it because the Wilkinsons version was on offer for £5 and a pack of three universal filters were £3.50.  I also wanted a manual version rather than an electric one

The link is below for the version I bought and it is still on offer.





The link for the water filter details are here: water filter

The universal water filter replacements are here:

Replacement Water Filter Link (this is a pack of three) and is the universal water filter which will fit most ranges of water filter (apart from advanced systems).

We live in a hard water area and drinking from the tap is not good.  I tend to buy the sparkling water (which I prefer) and keep a bottle in the fridge.  However OH prefers still and as he does not drink hot drinks it has made sense for me to reintroduce this back into my kitchen again.  It will also help keep the kettle descaled a bit anyway and as I am after a new kettle I wanted to be prepared from the start.

I was always led to believe that hard water was better for your heart than soft water.  Soft water is good for washing with.  You get a lovely bubbly lather with just a little soap.  When we were younger the tap water was cleaned but never treated with fluoride added to it.

When I was in the undiagnosed early stages of my long standing medical conditions I did read an article which suggested that fluoride could be responsible for an in increase in arthritis in individuals and that medical authorities believed that it would carry on increasing.  That being said, I am not a medic and I do  not know but what I did find interesting is this article here

https://fluoridealert.org/issues/health/arthritis/

So perhaps in the longer run re-instating a water filter will pay dividends in the longer term. I do not think it will hurt. However that remains to be seen as yet.  I will leave that to personal choice.  In any event at least we have water supplies to the home and the supplies are clean.

Catch you soon.  

Pattypan xx 





Comments

  1. Danny bought Keith one of these for Christmas - we have our own spring water but Keith has always been a bit suspicious of it (his townie roots showing!) Glad you found this replacement one at such a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, just my kind of price at the moment and am chuffed to have one back in use again. My mum always used one as well as it does make a difference with the kettle being descaled and as I am about to purchase a new one I don't want it scaled up straight away. Hope you are keeping well. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for recommendation - we bought one this weekend and it has made so much difference - our tap water once filtered doesn't smell strongly of chlorine and actually tastes quite nice. No more bottled water.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have been of assistance. I am also glad that I have mine back in situ again. It makes quite a difference. Take care and thanks for coming back. Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts