Playing Hookey, Housey Workey and Sorting Stuff

Today has been a day where I have played hookey and been out with a very good friend.  My friend desperately needed some down time and me, I am easy pleased at the best of times.  So I was quite happy to play!

After grocery shopping we then headed for Stamford to the Antiques Centre.  We spent quite a bit of time there and there were several nice things but this week I did not buy.  I was really good for a change.

We then went for a quick lunch at Willowbrook Farm; then made our way back to her home and then on to the Market Deeping Antique Centre and had a quick scoot round there.  Found a couple of things in there, but I did not indulge.  Have had a lovely day and I think she has too.

It has been a cold and miserable day here and to tell you the truth it has been good to get into the warmth of the house. Despite being in a little later than anticipated I have a roast chicken on the go for tea with veg - lovely comfort food!.

Once tea is out of the way I shall venture back into the back bedroom and attack a couple of more boxes and get things sorted out a bit more.  I think that this is going to be the way that I make headway i.e. do house-workey  (is there such a word) stuff during the day and then sort out the items I want to keep and repackage them so that I can find stuff easily of an evening.  Will see how things go and if I need to adjust things as I go along so be it!

I am hoping to go back to Market Deeping Antique Centre next week for a good trawl around.  The last couple of visits have been a bit rushed on the time front so it will be good to have a long and proper wander around.  There is a fabric stall there which is quite reasonable and I need some backing fabric for a couple of cushions and I also need some more wool for a blanket which is a UFO and I believe the wool/patchwork store in there has the colours and the brand of wool I am after so I shall go armed with my wool bands and a snippet of wool from each.  That particular throw would be a good one to get out of the way with.  It is taking up a little too much space.

Right upwards and onwards.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hi You sound very busy. I am like you trying to sort out boxes. I would really like to sort out the small bedroom for crafts and sewing.
    I have craft stuff in many boxes and it needs a good sort out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, yes busy as usual it is just the depth that varies. I am slowly getting there with the boxes. I am currently concentrating on getting all my cookie cutters into the one box so that I can find them easily as they are scattered in different places throughout the house. I had not appreciated just how many I did have.I hope you get your small room sorted out for crafting it makes a real difference when you have your own space and can just work. I am concentrating on kitchen stuff at the moment being as that is the main workroom of te house but I also have a lot of boxes with crafting stuff in and a lot of UFOs. I am hoping to make good inroads this year into that. Thanks for popping by and look forward to seeing you again. Take care Pattypan x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts