Very tasty

Our alternative lunch has gone down a treat.  Very tasty comfort food on a dreary drizzly damp day  We not only had enough for today's lunch but also for tomorrow night's tea as well.

All the prawns though went into a massive prawn cocktail.  It is a while since we have had this but it is something that we like.  It was delicious.  

We did not have pancakes though.  Maybe will do for pudding another evening.

I did manage to get the Potted Beef made, yesterday unfortunately I did not manage to get any cake made.  However the Potted Beef will get used up throughout the week and I will also get some more stewing steak and make a couple of batches and freeze it so that I can get this out when I need it.

Also planned for this week is a stew, a Cottage pie, plenty of soup with home made bread for dunking into the gravy and the soup.  I also have plans to make a mixed fruit and pear crumble which should do for a couple of meals served with some hot custard. 

I also intend on getting a couple of chickens and cooking them together and then sorting out the meals from there. Not only will I get a good couple of roast chicken meals out of this including more stock and also home made chicken stew I will also get some potted chicken out of this as well (recipe to follow).  This new recipe can be used as a starter or indeed for spreading on buns.

Have to check on the washing machine so much dash.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x




Comments

Popular Posts