Using up the leftovers

I had a load of bits and bobs left over in the fridge that needed using up before their dates expired.

I had a chorizo, some old potatoes, onions, Gruyere cheese and some eggs.

I therefore turned it into a kind of hash to use all the bits up.  The potato was chopped into chunks together with the onion and fried gently until golden brown together with some garlic then the Chorizo was chopped up and cooked through.  I served it with a fried egg and it went down quite nicely as a brunch type meal.  Next time will add more onion and fresh garlic.  I had used the remains of part of a jar of lazy garlic.  However I will not be using that again.  I prefer fresh as it has more flavour.  Think it would be nice with some ham or corned beef.

So being tight we ended up with a relatively tasty lunch using up what I had to hand.

I have had internet connection, problems today have not been able to get online.  I am off to bed now as I don't feel too clever, keep feeling slightly dizzy, and very drained and tired again.  Will have another couple of paracetamol as well.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts