A little off colour

I started with what I think is a bit of a head cold on Sunday evening.  I felt quite out of sorts yesterday and although today I am a lot better it is still hanging.  I have no cold per se but have rested up and not done much for the past few days.  It is as though my head is disconnected from my body and is a separate entity entirely.  I just feel a bit out there if you know what I mean.

I had to ring the Doctor's surgery this morning as our prescriptions which are on a repeat service were taken to the wrong Chemist's.  I managed to get this sorted out on the phone though, which has helped.

I did go for a walk with Missy this evening.  Nowadays these walks are brief as she is suffering from old age and arthritis.  She does not know it yet but she is due to go to the Vet very soon.  She had a better day for walking today but it has been warm and the sun out although the breeze still a little cold.

I have been out in the garden and hung my washing out which now smells lovely and fresh now it is dry and I have also watered up my plants.  I love for the washing to go outside if I can but it is not always possible. 

At the moment I have a gammon joint gently simmering on the cooker, with some celery, onion, carrot, bay leaves, white pepper and a sprig of Parsley to give it a little flavour. It smells really good and my taste buds are activated and I am a tad hungry.  Sandwiches with mustard for me I think. Once cooled the ham will be used in sandwiches and maybe with some chips for tonight's tea.  Will see what his highness fancies to eat.  Might even include a couple of fried eggs.  The stock is due for some soup and for gravy.  So nothing is going to waste and will be used up one way or another.

I am a regular watcher of Escape to the Chateau or Escape to the Chateau DIY.  In tonight's edition one of the families is putting in a lavender garden in front of their chateau.  The husband's family have owned the chateau for over 200 years and his wife is English.  Instead of planting French Lavender or what is referred to as Provence Lavender, she has chosen to plant English Lavender as a slight twist.  Must say I think it is going to look stunning once it has grown out a bit.

I love Lavender and I would love a drying garden for the washing surrounded by Lavender bushes.  My Aunt had a drying garden which was in a quadrant.  She did not have Lavender in that section.  I understand that this was a plant that was much favoured for this type of environment as cottons and linens also used to be dried over the lavender in the summer months which also made the clothing smell fantastic.

Now even though I still do not feel up to much I am going to look for some seeds that have gone missing after tea.  Hopefully I will find them, and that way round I will have been doing something useful.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.  Keep safe and take care.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. I hope it's just a "bit of a cold" and will soon go on its way. Escape to the Chateau/ETTC DIY are programmes I watch regularly too. I can't help thinking that they will be stretched to breaking point with no income to help them keep afloat in the months to come - it could be over a year before they are able to arrange weddings, events and holidays for people again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts