In my absence I have managed to .....

In my absence, from blogging, I have created a long list at present consisting of some 189 Items of things to do.  I have for the time being closed the list, but will create a separate one to carry on with.  I have managed to do the following: 
Planted up three herb planters consisting of plants in the garden already; these include:

  1. Planting up three Herb Planters/Troughs from plants already in the garden consisting of Curled Moss Parsley, Chives and Garden mint.
  2. I have sorted out some of the boxes for the kitchen equipment and made a list of the boxes yet to be sorted. Four boxes in total sorted.
  3. Have sorted out a full set of pasta bowls in three different sizes and popped them into the dresser in the dining room.  There was also a Wedgewood Wild Strawberry platter as well.
  4. I have sorted out the Herb bed, have weeded it, turned the soil and got rid of all the rubbish.  Have also got the dustbin slab sorted courtesy of OH as this had collapsed.
  5. Have potted up a variety of plants including Clematis, Honeysuckle, blackberry plants, etc.
  6. Planted up about 6 date pits and waiting for them to sprout before being potted up.
  7. Have sorted out a few more of the potted plants in the garden, weeded them and given them a good feed.
  8. I have recycled a load of old compost and sieve it and re-used this mixed with fresh compost.
  9. I have washed the front room windows.
  10. I have washed the front door, the step, have dettolised the handles.
  11. I washed all three of the wheelie bins and dettolised.
  12. I removed dead holly leaves from gravel together with street rubbish.
  13. I weeded and swept tge fribt path.
  14. I re-organised the wheelie bins so no one could shove rubbish down behind them.
  15. I swept the path in the street as a load of bits had travelled from the front path.
  16. I de-spidered and cobwebbed the passage with a sweeping brush.
  17. I swept the passage.
  18. I slightly trimmed the privet hedge to allow the gate to open properly.
  19. Washed the Perspex sheet attached to the gate and dettolised.
  20.  I started to declutter the back door.
  21. I scraped and tidied the window ledges in the back as the Sadolin had lifted.  Needs redoing with Sadolin but it has  been prepped.
  22. Started to strip the shed door.
  23. I despidered and de-cobwebbed back of house windows.
  24. I set about restoring a batch of brass and copperware that had water to leak into it and which had gone rusty.  Looked far from salvageable but three items reswotred another seven at least to deal with,
  25. Bought in a large sack of potatoes.
  26. Bought in a large net of onions.
  27. Made a batch of orange cleaning vinegar,
  28.  Sorted those items outside the back door, washed them and brought them into the house.
  29. I started sorting plant pots, planters etc in back garden ready for use this coming season.
  30. Cleaned 12 of 18 Demijohns.
  31. Dried some fresh parsley (home  grown);
  32. Dried some bay leaves (HOME GROWN).
  33. Washed windows at the back of the house.
  34. Washed and cleaned an old mirror.  Sanded this down and then gave light coat of stain.  Unfortunately did not take properly as water had got into the staqin.  Will need to get fresh stain and re-do.
There have been a few more items done as well which are not quite completed.  Will only make the list once finished.

So all in all I am quite pleased with how well I have got on so far.  Need to keep up the good work.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

  1. Gosh, you've been a busy bee. I have to say, demijohns here have to be kept inside and I always stuff the neck with a sheet of kitchen roll to keep any dust out.

    It sounds like your crafting is on the back-burner again - I was awake half the night so my hexi table runner benefitted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, still a lot more to do. The only reason the Demijohns were out is that I still have a load of stuff in the shed to sort out. I normally store them the same as you. Crafting is on the backburner but hopefully not for long. Glad you were able to be productive but sorry for the lack of sleep again. Have a good day and I hope you are able to get your project finished soon. Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Glad to know your OK. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah Theresa, I just have a go sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Hope you and yours are keeping safe too. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts