A bit of a catch up

Saturday we went shopping to the Butchers again and also called in at the Fishman at Ramsey.  Bought quite a few goodies and then on the way home called into Dobbies.  Been a while since been in there and it has changed quite a lot.  Very interested in their food hall section although not much in the way of plants at the moment. That will change though.  I did however see a very nice patio set which I am hanging my nose over.  Round table with umbrella and six chairs all in wicker but looked terribly nice.  There was also a small table and a settee and couple of chairs which I quite liked too.

They have a lovely kitchen area and we ended up picking up a Pyrex frying pan which is ideal to use on a hob and also induction hobs.  My spare plate is an induction one but some of my pans just do not work on it.  This new pan which is a square frying pan in effect works an absolute treat.  It is also very easy to clean.  Might get some more of the range in due course.

Also bought a dough slice for use in making bread and also a baguette basket.  I am getting geared up to have a serious play.  Probably one day this week once the kitchen has been cleared and I can get to to the work top.

Once we got home I nipped to the veg shop and got some tomato plants.  My seeds are coming on but I am aware that I was late in setting these so I hope that they are able to catch up.  At least I will have some to bring on in the interim.  I bought six and these are to go in one of my new greenhouses.

Sunday has been a chill out kind of day. It has been a lot warmer for which I am grateful for. I went and sorted out my seeds in the growing houses, and each time I go there seems to be more and more seeds.  Nearly all my Runner Beans are through as are my Sweet Peas, Nasturtiums, Lobelia and Gypsophilia, Marigolds, Borage, Thyme, Summer Savory and Sunflowers.  The Tomato seeds are also coming on well. Peas are also doing very well. Hopefully some of the other ones will put in an appearance soon.

I needed some bits and bobs from the shop and ended up buying some ice creams and lollies which are now residing in the freezer so a few bits going in as and when.  If the weather is really hot as predicted it will be I am sure we are going to need these to help cool down.  Might go and get a bag of ice cubes for drinks etc.

I bought a Rib of Beef from the Butchers yesterday and we had that for tea on Sunday accompanied by roast potatoes, asparagus, peas, kale, carrots, cauliflower, Yorkshire Pudding and lots of gravy.  Went down very nicely and was extremely tasty.

For a change watched a couple of films and then Knightfall, so a relatively lazy day for a change.

Back to the grind this week lots to do as usual.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts