Nature is a Wonderful thing

Yesterday I worked in the garden all day long.

I started with the front garden tidying it up as best as I can.  I have a Holly tree in the front garden which is hell bent on losing its leaves at the moment so I swept them all up out of the passage and removed them all from the gravel as well, whilst I was waiting for my parcel delivery.  More about that in  later post.  However all my efforts were in vain as by later in the day the Holly had shed more leaves.  Looks like the brush is coming out tomorrow morning as well.

I also did a little sorting out, outside the back door and got rid of some more rubbish.  Still a long way to go though.

After  my parcel arrived, I went into the bottom garden and opened up my mini greenhouses to let them breathe for a while.  I also started chopping up all the bushes I chopped down the other day.  They had dried down a bit and so I chopped them with clippers and then put into bin bags so that they are all together to go down to the tip.

My other grape vine was eventually potted up today.  I am going to place that on the other side of the fence that I have stringed out for the grape.  I have some re-arranging of that border and the planters in it to do.

I then started on the Ivy.  Very very slowly I am starting to clear it but it is going to take some doing.   It is tough stuff.  I had not appreciated just how tough. I have removed a small portion from the greenhouse - yes there is one there but it is going to take a while to get that ready for next year and the new growing season. 





I need to clear the Ivy as this is where the greenhouses OH bought me for my birthday are going temporarily for this season.  I hope to have these in, in the next few days as I have a lot of tomatoes and other plants to relocate from the growing frames. This area is due to be planted out as a permanent bed once I have cleared it out with Rhubarb, Asparagus and Strawberry plants.  That is the plan and the bulk of it will be in hand soon as I have pots of Rhubarb to get installed. Two of the Rhubarb plants  I recently acquired are growing well.  Am waiting for four others to sprout though.

Whilst I was working I got the distinct impression that I was being watched very carefully.  When I turned around I had company.  A little Robin sat with me for quite some time taking advantage of me lifting the Ivy roots so that he could get at the bugs.


Here is a photo of him.  




I have taken a couple of videos as well but they do not seem to have downloaded with Google.  I have no real experience with the video side of things so not sure whether they will have downloaded elsewhere.  Need to look into this and if I can manage to fathom out how o do this will download.  



Needless to say the garden is very much a WIP (Work in Progress).  I will show before and after photos once I have it sorted.  I am quite embarrassed at the state the garden was in, but at least you will be able to see where I have been and what I have actually done long term.  There is still a heck of a lot to do, and certain things cannot necessarily be done in logical order because of something else that needs to be done beforehand, but will get there in the end.

Here is a sneak preview of the Jungle at the bottom of the garden which will get dealt with as soon as I have the main part of the garden sorted.



My garden ends where you can see the tree at the bottom of the path.  That is the lilac which needs taming amongst the trees that have set themselves courtesy of the birds.  That garden is prime growing space.

Have not been out in the garden yet.  Other things got in the way.  Hopefully soon.

Catch you later all being well.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts