Seeds to be sown, stem cuttings, pricking out and planting up

Sorry this post should have been scheduled and posted yesterday.  Because of the light warm evenings I was totally absorbed in what I was doing in the garden and it was gone 9pm before I ventured in.  Therefore the post is really a recap of yesterday's events,

The weather has  been warm today,  and I have had things to do in the garden.  I have potted up some more herbs into their planters today, plain leaved parsley, more chives, more mint.  Still have more chives to plant but do not have a suitable planter.  All the ones I now have left are too large.

I have planted Chamomile, Lovage, Broad Beans, small cucumbers.  I have yet to deal with all the courgette seeds.  I have also set more Nasturtiums as there are a lot of projects I want to have a go at which use these.  I also need to dry them.

I have taken eight cuttings of French Tarragon, Lemon Thyme and Oregano using the honey dip method.  As I purchased the herbs from Waitrose I have put the rest of the herbs to dry for the pantry.  Not wasting anything here.  I have also taken some Lemon Verbena cuttings too and there are also some Lemon Verbena leaves to make a tea.

I do not seem to have been successful with some of the seed I have already sown this year and in particular my Courgettes both yellow and green. So far there has been a no show, yet in the past these have been very successful,  The seed was new seed as well.  Very frustrating.  The Pattypan Squash though are starting to come through at long last and I have a cucumber and the Florence Fennel is coming through.  All the Marrows are through, the Butternut Squash has not put in appearance either.

I have had quite a few tomato plants to prick out though and have potted up 16 of Roma tomato and 16 of Marmande.  Still have more seedlings to sort but will go back to these tomorrow.  They are Cherry tomatoes and designated for hanging baskets and planters. I will also have a lot of plants in the garden as well as the greenhouse. The Borage also needs planting on.  I also have to pot on some Violas that I have grown from seed.

I am running out of space though and will need to get the new greenhouses up in the next few days to expand the growing space.

After I came in I set too and stripped the herbs ready for drying and also separating the flower petals from the Carnations.  The rest of the flowers are in a vase to open the rest of the buds only in about a inch of water and tomorrow I will start to reclaim some free plants from them.

The Gherkins also need potting on tomorrow so am going to be busy again weather permitting.  I hope the weather is good as I have a lot of washing to get line dried.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I think it's the hot start to the year (combined with cold nights) which is making it hard to get seeds started this year. We've had similar problems to you as well. Just as well just a couple of Courgette plants is a glut come summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may well be right Jennie. Two of the Black Beauty Courgettes have started to sprout today but still no sign of my yellow ones. Think they have headed for Australia i.e. Down Under! I want to eat them fresh, freeze some and for chutneys so I would like a few plus I stuff the flowers and batter and fry them. Hope you are keeping safe and well and that you have the asthma back under wraps. Take care sweetie xx Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts