Well it nearly happened

I received notification yesterday morning by text that my flour and yeast were due to be delivered between 16:43 and 17:47 yesterday.  I duly waited downstairs for nearly two hours for the delivery when I could have been doing something else no delivery driver.  When going on to tracking he had gone back to the depot.  I had been around all the time as we don't always hear when we are in the back of the house if someone has gone to the front.  There was not even a card to say he had been and been unable to deliver.  I therefore have to expect delivery between Monday and Friday next week.  And there was me getting all excited about getting my bread flour.  I am extremely impressed with Shipton Mill though at getting the order out so quickly especially in the current times.  However  I am disappointed with Parcelforce for non-delivery.  They are usually quite good.

Today have been to one of our local butchers at Willowbrook Farm and have topped up with some Barnsley Chops, some Beefburgers, Gloucester Old Spot Sausages some Haslet and some Corned Beef for sarnies and a Pork and Pickle Pie.  The best bit though was getting a tray of their free range eggs large ones a tray of 20.  I am currently waiting for OH cooking up brunch - a full English.

It is a beautiful Spring day here in Peterborough.  On the way to the Butchers we went through several villages.  The blossom is sprouting well even saw some Elderflower starting to come out.  Looks like foraging season is arriving too.

Well my brunch is about ready.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Oh how disappointing. Hope it arrives on Monday. Someone else was saying that they were tracking a delivery and that the Parcelforce van took it back to depot without delivering it - they were only 2 mile away at nearest too. Other people made similar comments. . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts