Last Night and Today

Last night I was engaged in cleaning and organising duties between the kitchen and the dining room.  Time consuming but well worth the effort and in the circumstances I wanted something tasty but quick for tea.  I knew I had some Rib eye steak in the freezer - a bit of a treat really, so that was bought out and defrosted and we had it for tea.  OH is a big steak lover - I can take it or leave it but I do enjoy it in a sandwich with either fried leek or onion slapped between two slices of bread (the onion or leek being fried gently in a little oil and butter until caramelised.  Uncouth I know but this is how I enjoy it best whereas OH normally likes it as a full meal, however unusually he decided he would quite like the sarnie as well.  Sorry did not take any pictures was too busy eating.

I washed my hair last night, used conditioner and anti-frizz serum and my hair has just gone really frizzy to the point where I can hardly get a brush let alone a comb through it.  I think as a person I am producing too much static excuse the pun, but I think am becoming a bit of a live wire!  Needless to say I have had a bit of a bad hair day today.

Weather-wise it has been very cold and wet here today in Peterborough; there has been some intermittent sunshine but mostly cloudy.  Today we have been to the fish van and bought some Plaice x 4, a couple of crab, half a pint of cockles and half a pint of brown shrimp.  The Plaice has been frozen in bags of two for another day but tea tonight is the crab, shrimp and cockles with some bread and butter.  Something simple as neither of us are in the mood for a cooked meal,

We  also went to the Butchers and have come home with six large chicken portions, a pack of garlic chicken, four Lamb steaks, two different packs of sausages some Venison and what is referred to as Black Fen sausages x 4 per pack, a joint of pork for tomorrow as we have not had any for a while, some veggies, spring carrots bunched, French beans for a meal and  a cherry pie a couple of sausage rolls and two Cornish pasties and a home made Lasagna.  Most of which has been popped into the freezer.

Today I have had a bad Raynaud's attack with my hands; I can only describe it as having mega freezing water in your veins on the inside and I cannot feel my hands  they go purpley-blue then white as though the digits are dead but there is pain there.  This then makes me really cold and I have been out of sorts for a couple of hours as have been trying to warm up.  I tend to get warm and then keep going cold again despite having a thick jumper on and layers underneath.  It will pass but it does impact nearly as much as the fatigue. I had plans to do some stuff to day but have had to put it on hold.  Might get to it tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Gosh, some good grub there by the sound of it.

    Sorry about the Raynaud's "attack". I hope you are better today - perhaps you have been overdoing it in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB,

      Thanks for the good wishes. Much better than yesterday but a little stiff and body feels pinched and bruised today. At least have warmed up - went to bed with a big thick quilt on the bed and slept like a baby. Do not think overdone in garden it is the drop in temperature that is the main culprit. Think need antifreeze in my blood to stop me freezing up. Have not been in garden for past couple of days. Hope you get sorted too take care xx Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. That is really strange patty, yesterday I had an attack of Raynaud's also and I haven't for months now! I love on the north east coast and while it was cold, it wasn't as bad as it normally is for me to get an attack. Glad you are getting on with sorting out, sorry cold hands spoilt it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fluffy, when it has been warm and then go cold on the inside I tend to get an attack. Even in the middle of summer on a hot day. They are normally really mild but yesterday's attack was a bit of a bad one. Am better today but feel bruised and pinched on the inside. I don't let it stop me though. Hope your Raynauds behaves itself from now on. Just take it steady xx Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts