Operation Ivy update Part One

I have not managed to get into the garden for the past few days as more pressing matters have had my attention in the house.  It is a slow old process but I think I am getting there.  Here is the journey so far:

The jungle.  You will see that to the right of the picture there is a lot of Ivy growing.  This is the greenhouse covered by the Ivy as it was when I started work on it.


The area in front of the greenhouse looking towards the jungle and the first part of the greenhouse.



Looking from the front of the greenhouse.  All you can see is Ivy.  No sign of a greenhouse and the area on the ground is all covered in Ivy too.



After the initial removal session.



A long lost Ballerina tree now clear to breathe again.  Does not look as though there are any apples this year, but fingers crossed for next year.


The base of the dead Cherry tree which was a Stella and had the most beautiful cherries on it.  We regularly used to achieve about 40lbs of Cherries per year.  This is definitely a variety I would have again.



The greenhouse is starting to appear, unfortunately there are a few broken panes of glass.



The big pile of chopped down Ivy for which I had to go and buy secateurs to chop it all down with.

Nearly into the corner but there is a lot of Ivy to remove off the fence as well.  Right in the corner is another Ballerina apple tree.


Further work on the greenhouse and on the ground in front of it.  You will see the big pile of garden wire to the side.  I am still unpicking the Ivy from this bit and it is taking some doing.





Due tome requiring to do other work in the house and the fact that we have had quite a bit of rain in the last couple of days this is where I have got to so far.  Will be back to the grind at the beginning of the week to get stuck in again.  I want that green house up as soon as I can.

I have bought a few more plants, this time four trailing fuschias, again these are for hanging baskets.  The plants are only small at the moment, but I need the greenhouse up so that I can hang the baskets up in the greenhouse to work on them and get them started.

Right upwards and onwards.  Have a chest of kitchen utensils to sort out right now, which is being relocated for the time being into the kitchen from the dining room.  Have quite a bit of work to do in the kitchen in the next few weeks.

Catch you soon with a further update.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You've been busy. Ivy is the very devil if you let it get away to go rampant everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB,

    I think that was my mistake with the Ivy in the first place. I had not appreciated just how much of a thug it was/is. Lesson learned and will not be repeating it once have everything sorted and under control. Take care xx Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts