Self Care - The Eye test Part Two

Despite well laid plans to get organised and sorted in plenty of time, OH managed to scupper this by adding something else into an already tight schedule, hurrying me out of the house to the extent I forgot to put my eye drops in as I had planned!  Despite this we got there in the end and I attended for my eye test and I must say that it has been pretty thorough and I am pretty impressed with the service I have received at the Bridge Street Peterborough Branch of Specsavers.  Please note this is not an advertisement for them, but credit due to a very professional and efficient experience, despite Covid 19.  

I was also extremely surprised in how much eye tests have changed. I had the eye pressure test and the view of the eyeball and also a photo scan of the eyes and drops in the eyes and then had to wait a short while to see the Consultant Chitu.

I was right in that my prescription has changed for close work and computer work.  However my eyes themselves are in very good condition overall which is very good news from my perspective.  

I have been told that the medication I am on for the autoimmune conditions can with long term use damage the eye but that at the moment does not appear to be the situation in my case.  I also have some blocked tear ducts (part of the dry eye condition) and have been prescribed some microwaveable bags to use together with eye drops for use throughout the day to get them fully functioning again. The Consultant has on this basis asked that from now on I book a yearly appointment for review. He was pleased that I opted for the extra test as they now have a solid baseline on which to monitor my eyesight.

I have bought two pairs of glasses in the first instance and have chosen two separate frames, both different and both blue coloured.  My new glasses should arrive next week and I have a fitting appointment for next Thursday evening.

Well that is one thing off the Self-Care Hit List, once finalised next week.  Now to sort out what is next on the agenda.  Might just have to be my teeth, but am going to have to gear myself up on this one as I am petrified of needles and I need to have some teeth out.  Normally, because of the epilepsy they send me to the hospital for any extractions as they have the right equipment to hand should anything go awry.  I had looked at the website of my Dentist, but they are currently only dealing with emergencies.  Will get this sorted soon.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. That is good that your eyes are healthy and fun that you are getting two pairs of glasses. Maybe I will do that next time, nice to have two styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terra, I was a little worried as I had not been for a test for sometime and I knew my sight had changed a little. A lot of the things I want to try involve close work so at least now when my glasses arrive I am going to be more comfortable as the Optician put it. Hope you are keeping well and safe in these difficult times. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all went well with your eye test. Sounds great to have two pairs of glasses.
    Don't worry about the dentist I always find that it turns out better than I anticipated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts