Things have been a little hectic

Hello everyone, hope you are all okay.  Sorry I have not been around much this week there has been an awful lot going on here.

There have been one or two major life changes here in the past few weeks.  OH retires this Thursday being the chief change.  He was 65 in February and wanted to enjoy retirement.  He has it in the back of his mind that many of his loved family members went far too early including his elder sister and his younger sister, who died tragically about a week before her marriage to her long term partner.  One is never quite sure what life has in store for us.  It was his decision to make and his alone. He has also invested in a touring caravan again.  There are many places in this wonderful country of ours that neither of us have seen and having the freedom to get up and go when we feel like it will be very liberating.  It should be ready in a couple of weeks as we are having some extras fitted  and then we will have to make a decision as to where we would like to go.  There are lots of places we would like to visit.

The hot weather has severely hampered us this past week or so. I ended up getting up early to get on with stuff and felt that rough and wobbly I had to go back to bed.  That kind of jiggered me up a bit.  The bit I was bothered about is that despite resting and going to bed when I should my sleep was severely hampered.  I have found that in practical terms lack of sleep completely knocks my system out and leaves me open to epileptic seizures.  As I want to avoid this at all costs, precautionary measures were necessary and I had to rest up.  So far so good and at least I realised what was happening and was able to do something about it.

My glasses arrived and I am very pleased with them.  I can actually see now and am looking forward to taking up some embroidery projects again. I have some projects to get on with (well quite a few)  Just need to invest in a good magnifying lamp.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have since tried to find an NHS Dentist and no one seems to be taking on.  Will keep working on it as need to get sorted.

I have also got one of the greenhouses up and I am very happy with it.  OH has the other one to do and then some serious sorting out needs doing.  I will do a separate post on this in due course, but these really will help for next year especially in getting stuff started off earlier.  I think really at heart I am a country girl used to country ways.  The simplicity of growing your own, making your own and having the right amount of land, and taking it further with livestock and creating your own food supply system.  Somewhere with a house would be preferable as a house can always be modified and knocked into shape to make it workable for what you need it to do. That would really be my dream but I do not think it is OH's.  I would be in my element. I am finding as I grow older that there are certain things I cannot cope or deal with - don't know why .  One of them is I don't like crowds I prefer being in nature and where things are a lot calmer

I have also harvested a few Strawberries, a few Tayberries, two small cherry tomatoes and plenty of lettuce.  Only little things but very tasty and making me want to do more on more on the growing front.

On the food front I have had several reduction finds at very good prices and which will give me the opportunity to do some more preserving when I have a little more time on my hands.  At the moment I seem to have been chasing around like an absolute loon and there is not much to show for it.  There is another Freezer post to come shortly, and I go into more details on my finds within that post.  I am definitely building up my freezer store little by little as I find useful things.  I am fast running out of room I think that new Chest freezer is going to be arriving a lot quicker than OH anticipated.

Right upwards and onwards things to do whilst it is still light.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts