Tuesday Roundup

OOhps this should have been posted last night.

I went into the garden early today and managed to get watered up early which I had not managed to achieve totally last night as it got too dark a lot more quickly than I had expected and I could not see what I was doing. I had not appreciated what the time was.

I also potted up four Basil plants into two planters, two Chive plants and two Thyme.  I also potted up the Tayberry bush I bought the other day.  I found one down the garden the other day.  I was not certain what it was.  I had potted it up in any event but the leaves are the same and they have tiny prickles on the stem.  Apparently they are a cross between a Raspberry and a Blackberry.  This has a little fruit on it already.  So that is two Tayberries.  I am after some Loganberries as well.

I have not been Ivy tugging today.  I shall go back into the garden early tomorrow and start again if it is not too hot.

I have been writing a lot today.  Some of it is the start of ideas for future posts.  I often do this, start off with a germ of an idea, draft it out then play with it. I have also been trawling through draft posts that I had not done anything with. Only when I am happy with the post will I Schedule it for posting.  I do try and keep things seasonal, topical and relevant to what is going on here.  It is not a warts n all account of what is happening a lot of the time it is about things I am trying, thinking of doing or trying to achieve, but most of all a note a memory of what has passed.  My short term memory these days is not too clever.  It is also a way to record stories from my childhood, my teenage years, married years and life to date.  Lots of laughter and joy. Lots of mistakes but hey I don't ever profess to be perfect.  Just a Work in Progress.

It looks as if I have two Courgettes up with another two on the way.  Still no sign of my yellow Courgettes though.  My Broad Beans are through as are my San Marzano tomatoes.  No sign of some golf ball Courgettes, Chillies, or Aubergines though.  Quite disappointed about that.  Next year will start a lot earlier.  Might ask OH for a heated propogator for Christmas.  That would speed things up a little bit.

The Lemon Verbena cuttings seem to have taken as do the Oregano.  Not sure about the Thyme and the Tarragon.  I might give that another go.  The Cucumbers are all now through (Marketmore) and I have loads of different squashes, melons, Pattypan squash, Marrows, pumpkins, Butternut Squash.  The Sunflowers are also going from strength to strength.

We had a lovely little present today.  My daughter-in-law L has been furloughed from work and has been baking on a regular basis to keep herself occupied.  At the weekend we receive Scones from her but tonight she had made some individual Banana bread.  It was delicious.  Not a bad little cook.

I was going to show you however Google is taking an absolute age to load photos at the moment.  Will slip them in later.




For tomorrow night's tea I am going to cook Hawaain Chicken which is basically chicken cooked in a sweet sauce with peaches, peppers, courgettes, peas carrots and some spinach served on a bed of rice.  It will just be right for a nice light but filling tea something more seasonal. I do tend to vary what goes into it, strictly speaking the peas, carrots, courgettes and spinach need not go in.  The link to the recipe is here if you would like to make it  yourself.


Catch you later.

Pattypan

x






Comments

Popular Posts