Chill Out

Today has been slow paced and a not sort of doing anything day which has made a change as the last few weeks have been extremely hectic so it has been nice to have a chance to chill out.  Tomorrow is another day and the start of new challenges.

I was going to cook Sunday roast today but instead we have had Steak and Onion sandwich and it has gone down very nicely indeed.  Sort of completed the day really low key but delicious simple food.  Topped down with a couple of glasses of Shandy.  Which is a personal favourite drink of mine. 

I have also indulged myself with doing some research and reading blogs on those subjects some of which will come out in future posts.  Needless to say some of it is to do with food.

I have also picked up more Spring Onions, Leeks and Swede.  Two packets of Spring Onions normally £1 a pack.  These were reduced to 25p per pack x 2 = £0.50 saving of £1.50. Three packs of Leeks reduced to £0.33 per pack normal price £1.30 per pack.  Totals £0.99 saving of +£3.  Two swedes normally 90p each paid £0.24 each = £0.48 saving £1.32.  So well worth a rootle through the reduced items.  Process for the freezer straight away.  These are predominantly being preserved for the winter months but if I need them before then they are there and ready to go.  So a few more pennies saved and to put towards something else.

I do need to get a net of onions though as I want to make some onion relish for the pantry shelf.  Next year is going to be very different as I will get back into full swing on the preserves front. 

I am not quite sure where this year has gone to, but it seems to have passed pretty rapidly despite the challenging times.

Right am off to potter.  Enjoy your evening.

Take care 

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts