Today's Potterings

The chap to fit the tow bar for towing the caravan arrived but when he got here he found out that the wrong items had been ordered by staff despite him giving directions as to what was actually needed.  Therefore no tow bar today he is coming back on Monday.

OH therefore on the spur of the moment decided to take me to Springfields shopping outlet at Spalding which I was not expecting.  The Garden Centre part of the centre has lots of lovely stuff in it as well as lots of nice clothes.  There were some bits that would have liked but OH was on a mission and when he has it in his head to do something, he goes for that item and that is it.  They did not have jeans in there so we needed to look for those. I did see lots of lovely home things though and as have made a long list of items of basics that we need for the caravan I did have a good look.  We did come home with two fancy Gin glasses though.  Mine has Bees on it and OH has a Hummingbird.  They are to go to the caravan with the other bits when we take possession of the van. 

Springfields shopping centre also has an M & S shop which sells off previously held stock.  I was specifically after some new jeans as most of my old ones are really baggy and keep slipping down of their own accord.  Okay for doing housework in, but not for going out in.  I found a couple of pairs that I quite liked, but being as the last time I tried to buy trousers I was an inbetween size we left them as I could not try them on as the dressing rooms were closed.  We then went to the M & S at Brotherhood Retail Park in Peterborough.  I found three sorts of jeans, two of which came home with me and the third pair I will keep a look out for as they did not have my size in.  I am now down another dress size.  Eleven years ago I was a size 24 and today I am back down to a size 16 the likes of which I have not been for many a year. I still have a little way to go, as I would like to lose a little more although I am most definitely NOT dieting. I therefore now have two pairs of decent jeans for going out in.  OH also bought me a new leather purse as my previous one had gone past the last rites stage.

When we got home OH walked Missy and went to collect his son to have a look at a local fishing spot to see if it was suitable for fishing on Sunday.  Not sure whether he is going or not I think it will depend on what tackle he can pull together. So will wait and see what happens,

Had a treat for tea OH ordered in a curry which made a nice treat and finished the day off nicely.

My hair has been bothering me and I have a hair appointment to look forward to on 21st July.  Am not sure whether to have my hair cut a lot shorter than I usually do in an effort to try and calm it down a bit from the frizzy mess it is presenting at the moment.  Jury is out and a time of consultation.  Might go a tad shorter however do not want to go too short as I have many lovely hair decorations which I do not want to go to waste.

I need to nip into town tomorrow to top up on some bits and bobs,  I have some embroidery patterns to print off and to transfer them, I need a new printer cartridge and some carbon paper.  I have three embroidery projects that I wish to take away with me to work on.  I have some vintage linen and new linen in-house at the moment.  Not sure which one to use but will see how it goes.  I also have some crochet which needs continuing and completing.  I want to take advantage of the time away to rest and relax but be productive and actually produce something.  With everything else that has been going on I have not had the luxury of being able to sit and work away at any of my crafting which is also time for me to just be.  So even now I am starting to collect things together in readiness for our trip.

Hopeeveryone else has had a good day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts