Sunday Roundup

It has been a busy day here in Peterborough and as anticipated the washing machine has been on all day.  This is just dealing with the household laundry and not the clothes.  That will be for tomorrow.

I have not had to cook today as OH arranged for a Take Away Kentucky - not that I am keen but the thought was there.  Since then I have been pottering on with writing posts, cleaning, taking the dog for her constitutional, more cleaning and sorting out.  I have missed the computer as I use it extensively however unfortunately I was not able to do anything about this.  Hopefully in the future this will change.  Sometimes you need a break as well to become re-inspired.  I know there are mobile phones and you can do this and that with them - the truth is however I cannot use one properly it is beyond me.  Phones and me are not a good mix.  I have managed to break my new phone as well.  OH is not very happy with me.  I can understand why, but things just happen!

The holiday helped me sort out those items that are really needed the basics as it were.  I came up with the following list of items to add;  they are:

Colander

Another small roasting tray.  The one we bought is a little tight for the oven so the one purchased will be coming home and the new one will go to the van.

Small frying pan.  Need this as the pan we have is more of a griddle and not conducive to pancakes, omelettes or a small fry up.  

Pancake pan.  I love pancakes and the kids do too.

Extra blanket throws.  I feel the cold and although the van has central heating, in the autumn it is nice to snuggle under a throw.

A further set of bath towels.  Especially if having a shower every day.

On the bedding front we had already purchased bedding for our bed (and very comfortable and warm it is too).  I thought in the distant future that we would buy two single quilts for what we both assumed were just single beds (where you sit to lounge or eat).  We were both surprised to find out that we have the option of two single beds or another King size.  So new bedding is needed to cover these options.

4 pillows

Another set of sheets and pillowcases, Double duvet cover and and double duvet

Two single duvets

Some small pots for leftovers.  I tend to put stuff that is not used up into small pots to use up.  I forgot to take these with me so these are down on the list as an essential.  I am very lucky in that we have a full size fridge which works of electric and gas in the van.  It also has an icebox/freezer at the top.  Very useful.

Tea Pot and stand.  Will be needed if we have company. We potentially have eight of us to cater for (OH's children, partners and grandchildren) without friends or family.

More crockery and mugs

More cutlery

Two seating benches for outside table

Freestanding barbecue.  I have my eye on one in particular which has all sorts of options to add to.

Some games for kids, badminton, cricket etc.  Especially if we go to the beach.  Nothing like good old fashioned family beach games.

Some board games and cards

Lights for canopy

Wind break

Deck chairs

Bucket n spades

Picnic set - already purchased table and stools.  need melamine crockery for basket

Paddling pool for granddaughter and grandson to dip in and out of.

Leads for dogs so can be outside.  However where we have just been they need to be on a lead apart from in the exercise area.  They have to be attended at all times.

On our next holiday which will happen soon we are taking my step-daughter and her three year old and six year old on holiday.  We have booked sleeping accommodation for them but there are no cooking facilities, so our caravan kitchen will be the cooking hub for all of us and we will need to keep the littlies entertained.  We have promised a couple of trips to the seaside.  I quite fancy going to Mablethorpe - it is many years since I last went here.  I remember that there was a train that  took you along the sea front and the beach.  I am not sure whether it is still there.  My family over the years have spent a lot of time here.  Indeed, I have a photograph of  my Nan as a little girl riding a donkey on Mablethorpe Beach with her younger brother Eric.  Not long after her real mum, Great Grandma Coxon  (nee Ashcroft) passed.  Within six months my Nan and her brother had a step-mum.  As a child I also used to be taken to Ingoldmells (pronounced Ingamells) and to Cleethorpes an awful lot.  Will be nice to rediscover old territory again.

On talking with my step-children both of them have very happy memories of all the holidays we ever took them on.  Last year my step-daughter went away with her brother and his wife for a few days with the children and they absolutely loved it.  It made her realise that children do need to have their own memories of  good times in their lives.  Because of her financial position (she works hard in very difficult circumstances and challenges) but gains very little remuneration for her efforts.  We also think that she needs the holiday just as much as the littlies.  Hopefully when granddaughter gets into Nursery this will free her up a little more.

Oohps have had verbal diahorrea!  Only back one day.  Better stop now before I take things too far.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts