I bought Cooking Apples

 Newton Wonder if you please.  Lovely large cooking apples with a rosy hue and lovely flavour.  Never seen them before well here is a piccie



They are an alternative to good old reliable Bramley and I for one think that they give the good old Bramley a run for its money.  It is a tree I would plant if I had a bit of land to do so. I am lucky enough to be able to buy these from the veg shop who buy them direct from a local farmer.  I had plans to turn them into either bottled apple slices or apple sauce but I ran out of time before coming away on holiday.  So what does one do when faced with a possible waste scenario?  I know for a fact that when I go back after my break, the apples will have been done and dusted.  So I bought about 5kgs and I have bought them away on holiday with me, including the Kilner x 12 jars not sure if I have too many jars or too little.  I have my new Ninja foodie so I will be able to hot water bath them in that and then supplement my Pantry shelf when I get home.  If I find anything else local worth the time I might take advantage of that as well.  OH and I do tend to combine our hobbies with our holidays and as often he goes off fishing and leaves me to my own ends I thought that this might be a good time to get stuck in and "seize the moment" as it were.  I did get questioned though when he found the apples in the car boot!  Does not pay to tell them everything.

Right am absolutely shattered will play catch up proper tomorrow if |I can.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts