Yesterday,

 Has not worked out how it was planned to be.  I ended up going late to bed last night as a couple of kitchen bits had gone pique tongue and scattered everywhere so I ended up sorting those out.  So there was a lot of washing going on in the kitchen as well as washing churning round and round in the washing machine.  As a result I was not as early up as I had hoped to be. I had also been looking for my herb chopper.  I have found part of it, need to locate the rest then the Long Keeping Mint Sauce can be made.

I usually use Persil for washing the clothes and household stuff and I use a heavy duty stain remover which I buy from Wilko.  I have had trouble getting hold of it though since the Covid 19 restrictions and have ended up buying it when I can.  It is not only used in the washing machine but also very good at stain removal around the house as well so it does get well hammered.  This is the only stain remover I recommend.  I had used the last of the remover last night and as I have a load of whites and light coloured items to wash really needed the stain remover.  As a result I ended up going into town.  I had planned going in before lunch but OH had some arrangements in hand which prevented me from doing this. However, I ended up buying some new shoes (which was not scheduled two pairs).  I have to buy shoes that will fit when I can (one of them is badly deformed with a bunion - the other has been done but I have gone up two shoe sizes since then.  I had found two pairs of sandals which I absolutely loved.  The sandals fitted the repaired foot but not the undone one.  The strap over would not fit comfortably and so I had to abandon those.

I then went on to W H Smiths and ended up with a couple of magazines (also not scheduled).  I also looked for some carbon paper which I had gone in to buy last month and which they did not have as I need it for some embroidery projects I have in hand for transferring the pattern.  They had some 10 sheets A4 size for £5.99.  I am going to see if I can locate this online any cheaper and a bit bigger otherwise will have to cough up. There is a little shopping list starting to build up of some bits and bobs that I need for practical use in the house.

I then ended up in the Works.  Fatal.  Book shops and me - | get totally lost in them.  I came away with two new books.  One of which was marked at £4 and I got it for 50 pence and the other £4.  One is a book about making your own soda drinks at home. 



The other is a crochet book which I am absolutely in love with.  There are a lot of seriously lovely projects in this book and lovely ideas to give as a different gift.  My photos really do not do justice to the small amount of projects I have picked out.  There are loads more. I shall never be minimalist.













The Works have a lot of craft stuff in particularly for Christmas crafting and they had some nice wooden boxes for £10 which are quite deep and which could be customised.  I may have to go back for a couple of those for storing some of my patchwork stuff in and also my essential oils.  Might also be very useful for storing seeds in that are opened as well.

I have noticed that in a lot of the shops, there is a distinct lack of stock and lots of empty shelves particularly so in the kitchen section at Wilko.  I think stocks are better than they have been but I think food items etc have a higher priority than home things at the moment.

From the Works I then went to B & M just for a look around as it has been some weeks since I last paid a visit.  I need to go back to do a shop for tinned stuff.  I cannot manage it on my own and need OH to come and assist me with this but they do have quite a lot of good stuff in on the food side at the moment at very good prices.  They are also starting to get the Christmas food and presents out on the shelves as well.  The Co-Op round the corner from where I live is charging £2.40 for four cans of Branston Baked Beans.  In B & M they have six cans for £2.00 plus lots of other tinned items and lots of useful items generally.  I will try and get back there in the next few days or so to start sorting out the Tin Can Pantry.

Tomorrow is fish day - not sure what we will come home with - we do love Crab but will see what else he has to offer.

Right better start tidying up to get square for tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts