Chillies and the first of the pumpkins

It has been a quiet day here as I have not been firing on all cylinders so I have taken time out to just potter, watch the TV, do some research, walk the dog, have some tea.  I had to nip to the shop for a few things and came back with a few reduced chillies which I need for my pickled shallots and pickled onions.  I always dry these myself and I thought that I had enough already dried and to hand but on checking the jar there were very few left.  As I have plans to do the shallots and onions shortly I thought I had better get these sorted; I will therefore prep these tomorrow.  We then settled to watch the Greatest Showman on TV which I thoroughly enjoyed OH did not seem to mind it either.

Whilst out I also bought a couple of small pumpkins.  There will be more to come as I initially use for decoration but have plans to turn these and other pumpkins into preserves as well as freeze some as well.  I particularly like pumpkin marmalade on toast in the winter months.  It is delicious.  

We have booked to go away again for a week in November all being well, and think this will if it goes ahead be the last of the jaunts for this year.

As a result, I have as usual got a lot to do and very little time to do it in.  It is just the depth that varies and have to get ready for Christmas as well.  There is lots of cleaning, sorting stuff out, tidying, taking stuff to the charity shop, making preserves and freezing stuff to make and organise. I may therefore not be around quite as much, depends on how I get on with things.

So tomorrow starts early in the kitchen.  The rest should then with a bit of determination slot into place.

Right am off to potter and get some things done in readiness for tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts