Eureka

 The Dishwasher is actually in situ.  Sigh of relief and a big gasp.  Not that the kitchen has not fought us all the way.  I have a tiny galley kitchen with  no room to swing a rat.  The previous dishwasher is/was sited on top of the washing machine, which then leads onto the bathroom.  Very tight indeed.

We managed to get the old one out by sliding it over the draining board.  However as soon as OH undid the tap - talk about Waterloo.  There was water everywhere and the valve was not shutting off properly.  Lots of mugs of water later he managed to get it under control.  I could have throttled him though as in the middle of it all he wanted the pliers and I was supposed to know where they were.  He is the one that uses tools and does not put them away.  Well this time I had no idea at all and I know I have bought new pliers.  So I was a little bit vocal with my displeasure.  Found him something though - not what was needed but it worked.

Then we had to unpack the new one and get that into the house and then move it to where the old one had been.  This went a little more smoothly thankfully.  I have not stopped all morning and am just about to have a well earned coffee break and something to eat.

This is the new one.

Dishwasher

Current state of play with the old dishwasher is that it is waiting to be taken out and left in the front garden for collection on Wednesday.

Now off to read an instruction book and work out how to operate it.. A wee bit different to the old one  the cutlery tray is in the top and it has capsules instead of tablets.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts