Just some more of my Christmas Decorations Part Four

 

The Christmas stocking I made from a kit.  This one is mine as I Iove it so much even though it is not the fanciest of stockings.




It is a little creased as it has been in a box with lots of other things.

I thought I would also show you the lights that I bought the other day lit up now that they have their batteries in them.  I am a bit cack-handed when getting into things such as battery holders etc but OH came to the rescue although he initially struggled.

First of all the snowflake ones. I think that these are really pretty and I may try and go and get some more if I can.

 



Then the little red berry ones.  These look different depending where you place them. They look more red on the first picture which they are.



In the second photo they look more white.

I am still pleased with both sets.  They add a bit more glitz.




I am rather fond of this tree decoration and I have two of these. I tend to do things in pairs.




Also, here is one of the Advent Calendars. I have another wooden one somewhere in the back bedroom.  I have just realised that there is a flaw with the numbering on the little boxes.  I appear to have two number "nines" rather than a six and a nine.  Oh well makes it more interesting.




One of my wooden stars.  There used to be about 10 years ago a really lovely gift shop in the Rivergate shopping centre.  Very high class items at very reasonable prices.  This star came from there along with a couple of other decorations which I have not yet come across.  Shortly afterwards because she was not getting the footfall needed to keep the shop running she closed it down.  This seems to be a frequent thing of this small shopping centre which is attached to our local Asda.



I also have a lovely little Teddy Bear in a musical box.  The Tune is Claire De Lune by Debussy, and the Teddy is an automaton and moves with the music.  It is charming.  On checking the label it would appear to be a Boyds Bear which I had not appreciated.  This was bought by me from a small toy store that opened in Peterborough many years ago and which used to be near The Bull Hotel.  It was not particularly cheap at the time, however it forms part of the Tableaux I have underneath the Christmas tree for after the presents have gone.







I also found an old candle which is in the shape of an old fashioned Tall Santa Claus.



I managed to find my Babooshka Doll which has five dolls in total.  When you look at it, it appears to be all gold, but does not come out as well in the photo I have taken.  This was a Charity Shop find. I tend to bring her out for Christmas.  Somewhere there are some Santa Claus stacking dolls based on the same idea for the Babooshka dolls.




There is another Star.  This one is made of Driftwood but I love the simplicity of it.



I have quite a few garlands that I have put up for many a year.  some of these garlands are plain but I add baubles and wooden decorated fir cones and five spice baubles to them and it really dresses them up. I also have some little robins as well which go on to the garlands.

There is also a little boy Christmas ornament with a Snowman.



I also found one of my Christmas cases which I bought from TK Maxx a couple of years ago.  It is used for storing Christmas decorations in as well as being part of the Christmas tree Tableaux.




This is what is stored in it, another beautiful Angel.




There is also a glass Angel candleholder. I have two of these as well but they are fragile being made of glass. 




I love candlelight at the best of times, as well as scented candles.  I think they help create the atmosphere in the home on celebrations such as Christmas.

Think that is enough for today.  It has taken ages to download the photos and not all of them have come through yet.

Catch you soon.

Take care and keep safe.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts