Just some of my Christmas Decorations Part One

Am a bit fed up today and so have been working in the bedroom again. Been finding things notably Christmas decorations and so thought would share some of these with you.  I am in the mood for some escape from the real world, although that impacts us all in so many different ways and eventually we do have to resurface whether we want to or not.  

However in an effort to cheer myself up and do something practical to boot, I thought I would share. Some of these decorations I have had for a long time.  I try and look after things treating them like my mum used to do.  Like "Treasures". Indeed, last year I bought a lidded Christmas Trunk from TK Maxx which I still have not got the tree decorations into, so as I find them I will load the trunk which is downstairs at the moment.

This year so far I have not purchased any Christmas Decorations and probably will not be able to with the lockdown looming from Thursday not that I probably need a lot, but there is always a decoration or two that takes my fancy.  Still needs must to break the fed-uppiness so have started sorting some of the decorations for use.  At least they will get a good sort out and I will be able to find what I am looking for and hopefully am giving myself enough time to accomplish this. I have to bottom  rooms out yet before any of the decorations can go up.  However with the holiday being cancelled may be able to do this if I can get the troops organised.

Looks as though I am going to have my work cut out but I do so love Christmas  So here it goes -these are just a few of the items found so far. Have displayed them on a new throw I have for the front room to go with the Christmas cushions which is another subject entirely.

This is a Christmas Star which is also a light up lantern which I love.  Do not have any batteries for it yet so will have to stock up as we have a lot of items like this.



Santa Clause Christmas Stocking.  This is also battery operated and iit lights up and moves.  I think this came from w H Smith about 10 years ago.




Here is the Teddy version as well.  The fabric is really plush and thick and feels really cosy.





Two of Four Light up Lanterns - one with "Home Sweet Home" and one with "Home is where the heart is".  These came from B & M either last year or the year before.



A sign I bought last year from The Range from the reduced section.  There are now precisely 56 days until Christmas Day.




One of my beautiful Old Style Angels.  I absolutely love this particular one.  I think she came from Home Base many years ago - again a reduction.



Some of the Eucalyptus sprays and Red Roses bought from The Range last year to be used hopefully in the dining room or I may use in a wreath or two.  not sure yet.



This is not strictly a Christmas ornament but I think that the words are pretty pertinent at the moment.







One set of two Christmas lights with Reindeer on.  Bought these from the Range think it was two years ago now.



And one of two Advent Calendars I have.  Again the stripped wood.  This also lit up as well.  Think this one came from Hobbycraft.




There are loads more this is just the start.  Might put them into a separate post for later on.

Take care and keep safe.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Those are lovely. A good idea to have them all in that Christmas trunk. When I was briefly in TK-Maxx recently, I was hoping to find another Christmas Mouse to add to the 3 I already have, but no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, I am trying to be good and trying to restore some order to the chaos. There are just so many of them all of them with memories. What does your Christmas mouse look like - I can go into TK Maxx locally and see if they have any for you if you would like. Hope you are okay in any event - especially after the medication hiccup. Please take care sweetie need you in one piece please. Hugs Tricia x

      Delete
  2. Your ornaments are lovely!! So different, so beautiful. I love Christmas too...and all that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lefting, thank you. I just love Christmas so so much. Take care Hugs Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts