Monday Roundup

 After fighting with the kitchen and then getting the dishwasher in situ, I then went and made coffee and we ended up having sausage sarnies for mid-day.  They were very tasty and went down a treat.

Since then we have been and walked Missy and called into the Co-Op down the road (we have two within walking distance) as I needed some more latte capsules for the "Tassimo".  I also found some marzipan and so have bought a couple of those home as well.  I was unable to locate Tassimo pods so went on to Waitrose.  They had some in but not what I was after so it may be a quick trip into town either tomorrow or Wednesday. I also managed to get the dishwasher tablets for the new dishwasher. I also bought a small net of Chestnuts.  I have been craving some roast Chestnuts for the past couple of days.

I then went on to the Co-Op near where I live and could not find any there either.  So will definitely need to be a trip into town.

I also bought back a few basic generic things like milk, bread, stock cubes that sort of thing. I also found some Brillo pads.  All the shopping is now in the pantry out of the way for the time being.  However once kitchen is sorted pantry is on the hit list and this time will be painted out.

Since being back have cleared some more stuff in the kitchen and the old dishwasher is now awaiting the collection men on Wednesday.  The two fridges will  be shifted out of the house tomorrow and there is also an old fridge freezer in the garden as well which is also to go.  That will be a really good job out of the way with as it has been pending for some weeks.

Think it will be an early start tomorrow as we need to go to the tip as well.  That may be where we start tomorrow is to go to the tip first and get rid of all the rubbish from the front garden.  May well have to go on Wednesday also as there is a lot of rubbish down the garden which has been sorted and bagged just needs taking. I also managed to clear the glass from the broken vinegar bottle out the way as well.

So very slowly things are moving at long last but there is still a way to go. 

We also need to source the new sink and cupboard and taps.  Need to look online to order those. The sink has about had it and the taps, despite adjustments keep turning themselves on and flooding out the kitchen (we think guided with some assistance from the cats when we are not down there). Might also have to get some more simple equipment ordered like pliers, screwdrivers and things as we cannot locate any at the moment.

I am also looking to source some items for future projects.  I saw a chair tutorial recently on a blog called "She holds Dearly" link 


https://youtu.be/7tRKLS1lsWk


I am particularly after some green velvet fabric or curtains in precisely this shade of green.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  I have my Dad's old piano stool which I think will look lovely covered in something like this, but I also want to cover some chairs I have also.  I just love this vibrant shade of green.  It is speaking to me.  Green is a colour I tend to use throughout the house in any event as a toning colour.

Lots to do still, think it is going to be an early start in the morning as I was a bit tired tonight so have downed tools a bit.  Am going to work a couple of crochet squares to bring my number up to 30 on this.  Tomorrow though it is going to be the cushions.

Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You're definitely making progress. I get very impatient when there's stuff to go to the tip but it's not going; I really don't like it sitting around. During the first lockdown we almost filled our conservatory with cardboard and bags of things to recycle.
    I like chestnuts for cooking but tend to wimp out and buy them in pouches (Morrisons have them on offer at the moment btw). Chestnut flour is delicious too.
    I wonder if you can get the coffee pods you like online. I order mine straight from the Lavazza website and it works out about 25% cheaper than buying them in the shops. It also means I get access to all the various types rather than the two or three most supermarkets seem to stock. Buying online might work for you too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts