Phew

 After a lot of effort. some trapped fingers one or two blue words we eventually managed to get the two old fridges out of the dining room into the street ready for an early collection. which is another job out of the way.  Unfortunately we did not get to the one in the garden but that can go in the next lot.  At least the two fridges are gone as is the old dishwasher.  However the doorways were extremely tight and we had to get the fridges through two corner bends before getting it into the passageway and into the front garden.

We were going to the tip but it is chucking down with rain, so after a bacon butty I am going to set too and restore order to the dining room as best as I can. The dining room definitely needs decorating but am not sure it will get done before Christmas.  I have seen some nice anaglypta type paper and then have a colour in mind with which to paint it. Just simple and clean that will tidy the room up.  Think might have to paper the ceiling as well.  It is an old ceiling and I think that needs some TLC too. Ideally had wanted it done for Christmas, but will see. I have never wallpapered before so will see how we get on with the initial sort out.  Everything we do seems to be piggy-backing with something else at the moment.  That's life as they say.

Next Wednesday we have the delivery of the new fridge/freezer to look forward to, so am hoping a lot can be achieved before then.

I have found a whole new bunch of Christmas decorations as well, so if I get chance might pop up some more decoration posts as I go along.

Now I have to go and placate the cats.  They were most put out that I had re-arranged where they could sleep last night.  My pets very much seem to be creatures of habit!

I am very stiff and my hands are not good today, but I have to get on far too much to do and it is taking longer than I had envisaged.

Right am off to get on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I too decided against going to the tip today, having pulled a load of boxes out of the conservatory that got marooned there when we first moved in, along with various small bits of fittings and furniture that either didn't get used or simply won't fit. Our tip has a donation space for the local hospice for anything still usable so some of it will go to them and the packaging will go for recycling. It's taken me over a year to come to terms with what needs to go. My husband carted off several boxes to his man cave and will now have to decide what he wants to keep and find a space for that, or jetison more things himself. There's still about 6 boxes to empty out but we're getting there. This is where I store a lot of my stockpile so I need to be able to access it as easily as possible.

    Well done on getting the fridges out of the house; it must be a relief to know there's a new one on its way and know that everything is moving in the right direction.

    I bought new decorations last year for a main tree, because the style of my house is completely different and I wanted new colours (but not until they were half price in the post Christmas sale). We weren't able to put up a tree last year due to building works and unpacked boxes, so I am really looking forward to getting the new decs out and putting them up, but will try to hold off until reasonably close to Christmas. I find I stop appreciating them if they're up for weeks beforehand. I'll also put up a second tree in the conservatory (if I can get it reasonably tidy) with my heritage decorations on them. Many came down in the family from the 30s onwards and I've collected more old baubles over the years including some funky 60s and 70s ones. I like to have them up even though they're all mismatched and all sort of shapes, colours and sizes. It reminds me of the trees from my childhood when you felt lucky to have all these beautiful shiny things to put up, never mind whether they matched. I would unwrap each one reverently and always have a happy afternoon getting them out and reminiscing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step away from that ceiling! O.M.G. I had to do a bad area on the ceiling above the stairs and whilst I used to do all the papering when I was married before, I'd not done any for years as this house with its wonky walls is a challenge too far. Doing ceilings involves a long-handled brush (with fabric wrapped round it to stop hairs sticking to the ceiling as paste always escapes) and two (or better still 3 of you) trying to get that recalcitrant paper in place - and that's PLAIN paper, my goodness, anything with a print to match would be murder!!

    Glad you have some of the old white goods out of the way. We have to book an appointment at our Tip these days, and have yet another one tomorrow. One more to be booked, for the ancient mirrors. They can all go together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damp and cold here today. Leave the ceiling to the professionals, it is a terrible job.
    Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to be discouraging but...oh...how I hate wallpapering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts