Quick catch up

Am still not ready as I am cleaning absolutely everything.  My logic is that it needs cleaning anyway so I might as well do it as I go along otherwise I would only have to go back and possibly duplicate a lot of work. So this is the slower way round but it will be clean. Imagine a slow moving steam roller paving the way for everything else.

I have had to re-arrange my fridge freezer delivery as a result so that is now not happening until 1 December.  Hey ho these things are sent to try us.  That does need to be inside and it will take at least two people to move it into the dining room.

Have been having another bash at some of the brass and copper today.  I have been using Bar Keepers friend to clean all the mire off.  Nearly every piece was black and some of the pieces had a touch of Verdigris on them but slowly like the Phoenix they are starting to shine again.  They are needed for the front room fireplace a lot of them but I also have the fireplace in the back room as well.  They are not finished by a long chalk and I will be back on them again later tonight. The final finish will be with the Autosol polish to really bring them up to shine.  Unfortunately I did not take photos of the before, but I will show them all cleaned up later on in situ in the fireplaces ready for Christmas.

OH is in charge of kitchen cooking today.  He had to go out and by the time he came back I was starving like a scabby donkey!.  We had a sausage sandwich each after he had settled himself.  It was that lovely.  Not sure what tonight's offerings will be I suspect Bacon Butties.  At least I am getting fed.

Has anyone else had trouble in getting  hold of Brillo pads.  I have not been able to locate these for about 6 weeks or more!  I am not so keen on the other green sponge scourers they do not do a really good job.in my opinion.  Better than nothing but not "brilliant".

I am still a little behind with the crochet.  I have managed to work 27 out of 30 squares thus far. At the most there will be about 60 squares with the wool I have so I may have to add some more white or source some more wool in the mint colour. Will keep picking it up where I can.  I want to get the blanket worked before Christmas so that I can get it all pieced together whilst relaxing over Christmas.  I am also hanging my nose over some new wool.  I have seen a star blanket throw that I quite like the look of in any of the primary colours (darks) with a white central star.  Will have to see what I can locate wool wise. Quite fancy maroon and white/cream for the first one.  ill have to see what I can find.  I like to be able to work something like crochet whilst watching TV at night.  I cannot just sit!

Right back to the grind.  The kitchen calls.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Glad you are balancing all that hard work with some crafting leisure time. Have you tried lemon juice on tarnished brass and copper? It makes such a difference when cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, hope things are going well. I normally use lemon and salt to clean the much off but as I had the Bar Keepers Friend in I used that today. However am off to the veg shop tomorrow for lemons. The Autosol for the final polish is brilliant. Thank you for that little gem. I forgot tot take photos of the pieces I have worked on before and after. They were nearly the colour after black. I have polished my two kettles (one of which was my NaN's) and they have come up brilliantly. My hands are sore now. I have three buckets one of which is a wood bucket to do tomorrow. I took the thick off today. The rest of the pieces are all relatively small thankfully. It will be a job well done though. take care amd just off to do some more crochet. Have 27 squares out of a possible 60 worked thus far. To tell truth it has been good to be able to watch TV and work at the same time. Take care sweetheart and you take it steady too. Tricia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts