Saturday/Sunday Round Up

Apologies this should have been posted last night but a headache rather got in the way of things as well as an acidosis attack later on.

Tracy, one of my Welsh Dresser tops. Photos taken at different angles and half shelves.  It would seem that great minds think alike x









Saturday

It has been a busy day and I have been in the kitchen all afternoon and I am now tired and have started off with a headache which I could do with out.  Enough is enough and I am now sat down to rest.  Tomorrow is another day.

I have managed to check on the Mincemeat it is nice and juicy and I have added some spirit, glace cherries and also some mixed peel to the mix.  The mixture is slowly creeping up the jar.

This is the mixture before adding in the extras.



This is the mixture with the ginger, cherries and mixed peel as well as some Dark Rum.  It is smelling gorgeous.  However still some more fruit to go in yet.



I also intend to do a version using oranges and Grand |Marnier with some dried cranberries in as well.

Needless to say I did not get to my other preserving.  That will be for Monday now when there is a bit more space in the kitchen for preparation etc.

Sunday

I crashed and did not get up until about 10am which is late for me.  Was still a bit head-achey and still a bit acidy from last night's acidosis attack when I got up.  I do not have the attacks very often but it is usually after I have had a very tasty meal.  Not sure whether the two are connected.

I have been busy in the kitchen again.  Still not done but edging ever closer.  Could have gone in tonight but OH could not see what he was doing so tomorrow it is then.  Still a lot of work to do though.

Have a lot of stuff to do over the next few days but I will get there eventually - it is just the depth that varies!

Despite not getting to the preserving I had planned for yesterday, one of which was more pickled cucumber. OH is partial to this.  He also likes gherkins. I have managed to prep the cucumber in slices for the second batch.  This is currently under a tea towel after having been salted.  Will finish that off tomorrow i.e. wash it out and then add spices and vinegar.



That should keep him going for a little while.

I also managed to get the first batch of Red Cabbage prepped too.  Still more to do.  Yet again for OH.

I also have to strain my flavoured vinegars off that I prepared a little while ago.  There is Blackberry, Blackcurrant, Raspberry and Tarragon. They need straining off through fine muslin and then will be used the dark fruit ones with Goat cheese and also the Tarragon vinegar I use a nip in home made Prawn Cocktail sauce (Marie Rose).  Just lifts the flavour that little bit.  Tarragon vinegar I tend to make every year.  You can also use it to deglaze a pan when making the gravy for a roast.  You do not need much.

Once I can get the baby steriliser out in the week I will make some fruit sauces and also some cordial and syrups for the Pantry shelf as well.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x





Comments

Popular Posts