Snuggle down time

I had a rough night last night in that I could not get comfortable and the dynamic duo were in full swing again.  In the past week I have had a resurgence of the sciatica in my lower back which is predominantly tracking down my left leg to my ankle and I just cannot get comfy.  By the time it was time to get up I was still awake and then dropped off not long after.  OH let me lay in and let me sleep.  Needless to say I am not firing on all cylinders today.  

I had planned on going into the garden to do some stuff but we have rain it is overcast and it looks as though we are going to get some more.  So perhaps it was divine intervention that I managed to get some stuff done yesterday.

As the leg is kicking off, I am just resting up today.  Have been watching some TV and pottering between reading and watching You Tube, my blog and Instagram and Pinterest.  Just a slower day than I had anticipated.  These sorts of afternoons call for a roaring file and just complete and utter slow down time where you can just relax and do what pleases your soul.  I am deeply craving a real fire right now.  I know that they are lot of work, but they do warm the body and the inner cockles of your heart.  The slowness of listening to crackling wood as it burns, just quietly sitting and being in the moment and creating something.  They are some of the best of times.  Sadly I have no fire, but I can dream.  You have to dream.  

I had planned on doing a full roast tonight but instead we are going to have roast chicken and chips.  That should do very nicely  and even though I am not firing on all cylinders with the aid of the Ninja will still provide a warm and tasty meal.  Just need some bread and butter to go with.

I am now going to hunker down on this grey dark afternoon and do some more crochet.  I want to keep the  momentum up on this.  I have managed to work 10 squares, and work the next 10 centres since Thursday.  I initially had six balls of white wool and six balls of peppermint green. I have now used one complete green ball and am on to the second one.  There is still a bit of the first ball of white left.  So with what I have may able to make 60 squares.  May have to find a match or a blending colour to do a deep border though will have to wait and see. I am striving to keep up the momentum although realistically appreciate that because of real life may not be able to keep this up.  It is no great shakes, but I would like to get this one done as quickly as I can so that I can then move onto another project.  I have some crochet UFOs that need attention as well, so would be nice to get these out of the way with.

So I am going to put my feet up until it is time to get tea ready and I am going to chill.

Hope you are all keeping well and safe.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

P.S.  Not long walked Missy.  It is a proper grey November day; the mist is coming down and reclaiming the land, all grey and filtering into every nook and cranny.  You can almost hear the echoes of the past and the feeling is that if you reach out you will touch the spirit of someone from yesteryear.  This is an old area that runs akin to the Ermine road. The birds are doing their last of the swarms of the evening.  Everything sounds desolate.  Where we walked Missy today is Caster Backwaters and the river is still exceptionally high.  An old quieter part of the River Nene. Not far from the A1 and the sound from that road penetrates this little sanctuary and spoils it.  Noise pollution.  Even so that being said the fields all tilled and sown for next seasons crops run on forever and the occasional cry of a bird singing its evensong can be heard. Dog walkers, family's looking for fresh air. joggers and fisherman frequent this little sanctuary this little quiet spot which it still is, but as you have to pass over a single railway line you have to keep your ears peeled for train traffic.  The evening is oh so very damp.  I am now glad to be in even though I do not have my roaring fire.  November, long grey deys and dampness with the occasional sun, that is what I remember the days to be like when I was a child.

Home now and now time to get some tea on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts