The Drinks Trolley

I have been lusting after a drinks trolley for quite sometime.  I thought I had found one as well for £30 from Asda Living .  Drinks Trolley problem is it is out of stock and Asda will not give a straight answer as to whether they will be having anymore in stock.  You are just met with an algorythm that indicates your question does not meet their criteria!  Will not tell you one way or the other whether they are getting it in stock again or not.



So I take it that I will not be able to get hold of this beauty.

Never mind that.  I do have a trolley that I can use for the time being.  It is an Ercol trolley that I bought a little while back.  This is intended for the dining room as a proper tea trolley.  I am therefore adapting this to meet the current need for a drinks trolley for this Christmas.  Here is my trolley:






Now I have a fair collection of Lead Crystal Decanters and also a Cocktail set and a lead crystal ice bucket.  There are some Cocktail glasses in the stash somewhere as well.  I always remember Christmas when I was young, that is when the drink's decanter came out of the cupboard together with matching glasses and put on the sideboard with decanter filled usually with Sherry or Port if I remember rightly.  For many years the drinks trolley seemed to be out of favour and I am glad to see that the younger generation seem to be taking a liking to it.


I love this trolley as it is and do not intend to do anything to it other than make sure that it gets a good beeswax polish.  However, I would have loved the other one as the style will fit better with the front room.

Now I just need to find all the components and display them.  Once I get it all together, I will post some photos.

Do you have a drinks trolley or do you use something else or perhaps even have your own little bar.  Love to hear.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. We have a lead-lined cupboard inside our Arts & Crafts sideboard (which is being sold with the house as too heavy to move!) We have some bottles of spirits in there but we aren't spirits drinkers here - just something to offer guests. We like wine, cider and beer. I hope you get your drinks trolly. You could always look on eBay for an older one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that keeps the drinks lovely and cool. We also like cider and beer. I like red wine, but since being treated for the acid reflux and the hiatus I cannot drink it. I keep looking on the drinks trolley front. Had already looked on ebay but nothing at the time. Might need to have another look. You take care x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts