Today's Roundup Monday 9 November 2020

Well it is all systems go in the dining room. Deep clean going on in readiness for Christmas so it will take a good couple of days to get this well and truly sorted. Have been pottering around in there for most of the day.  Weather is not as bad as forecast predicted but I am in the house today and that is it.  Have to focus somewhere.  

OH fancied gammon for tea and so we went to the Butchers to get some.  Did not bring anything else back as need to get on and we can sort out something else for tomorrow.

After the Butchers we walked Missy down at Castor Backwater again.  I like it down there it is a nice little walk.  The animal wildlife were out today there were crows and seagulls perched on a fence as well as the local Heron and a Swan swimming downstream.  The river is very high and does not seem to have gone down at all in the last few days. The evenings are certainly drawing in now.

We had a very nice tea, gammon steaks the size of a plate, served with pineapple.  You are supposed to cook the pineapple in the pan with the gammon, but we prefer it straight out of the tin without the juice on the side.  It seems to help with clearing the palate of any saltiness.  OH cooked tonight for a change and it went down very nicely.

Since then I have been back in the dining room at it again. I have lit a candle I have a lemon and ginger and it smells wonderful.  I always have some candles in usually scented but I often forget to light them perhaps this is something I should do more often even though I am working. It is very calming working away by the flickering light and the room smells lovely. I also have the radio on in the kitchen as background noise. I like listening to the radio, I now have some more bags of rubbish so I suspect we will be going to the tip on Wednesday as I want to get shot of a lot out of the garden as well.

Needless to say I have found lots of items that I had not realised I had put in the dining room. There is a lot of sorting to do.  I am hoping OH will assist me with sorting out the cupboards i.e. under the stairs and the fireside cupboard.  They need some patching, painting and titivating. I need the dishwasher though as there are lots of crock that need a clean up. Room has to be done before that can start. There will be room by the time I have finished for the Ercol trolley in the dining room and the other one I have found I think will be able to get into the front room eventually once that is sorted.  That is teak and has glass shelves.

We have also tried to order a new dishwasher. Think there must be gremlins in the works. Going to look at that again tomorrow when am not so tired.  Also need to sort out a new chest freezer.

I managed to get back onto the crochet yesterday evening and managed to work some more squares.  Out of the 10 new centres worked I have six left to work, so I am not as far adrift as I thought I was.  Will hopefully get a few more done later.  My hands are stiff at the moment but the work is freeing my hands off a little bit which is a bonus.

Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I should stop reading your blog as it makes me feel incredibly lazy! The only thing of note I've done all week is plant a hedge (much quicker and easier to do than it sounds). Now I just have to get some bulbs to go in underneath it and that's most of the garden finished apart from the 3D jigsaw puzzle that is putting everything away in our teeny tiny shed. Most gardening equipment lives in the garden while the weather's fine, but now it needs to be sorted out. I am not a great sorter!
    I know what you mean about supports becoming a habit. I too have sciatica, and sprained my ankle a few months ago - that was just because I'm clumsy. I started using a stick and I'm still using it periodically when I get pains in my legs or when my ankle feels a bit wobbly. I try not to, don't want to get into a habit, but it does make walking much easier and speeds me up no end.
    I do enjoy hearing about your projects, even if they make me feel lazy. Thank goodness the tips are still open. The bare root hedge plants arrived in a gigantic box we are currently clambering around when we want to get out of the front door. Must get that broken down and taken to the tip along with anything I can weed out of our garden supplies. If we haven't used it this year I doubt we will again. The very pleasant task of choosing bulbs lies ahead, although there may not be so many to choose from. When the last lockdown started most garden websites were inundated with orders. I hope it's not quite so bad this time around and I can get some in before the ground freezes.
    Good luck with the dining room - it sounds like you have it well in hand. Isn't it fun finding things you forgot you had (unless you've gone out and bought them again in the meantime, of course)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fifitr, it is just me when I can go like a Bull in the China shop. Unfortunately my head is always buzzing as I see so much potential in oh so many things. At the end of the day we can only do what we can do. Did not mean to make you feel lazy, just trying to get ideas out there and so if you can maybe have a go as well. Am glad to have you as a reader anyways. I have my bulbs to do too. They are lurking in the pantry at the moment (safest place from cats who are holy terrors) and hopefully will get them out in the next few days. I have a arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other conditions that stiffen me up some days worse than others. I also have a disc out of alignment in my lower back that they will not do anything for unless they have to. I just have flare ups every now and then. Just one of those things. Cannot give in to it. I love being surprised with the things I find but it also gives me a headache when am looking for them as I never find them when I want them!. Take care, stay safe and keep "busy". I never do things by halves. However now at least got dishwasher and fridge freezer ordered so that will make life a little more easier. Catch you soon Tricia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts