Wednesday Round up

It was late when I finished last night around 10 ish,  There was more to do in the kitchen than I first thought and I had slightly under-estimated the position.  Still am slowly getting there, but at least the kitchen is going to be lovely and clean for Christmas. It is having a seriously deep clean.  It is not a very big kitchen but it does hold an awful lot of stuff.  I have to strip out all the cupboards yet and re-arrange the contents so that I can get to things I use on a regular basis more easily and those items less commonly used stored together but easily accessible.

When I sat down last night I had hoped to do some crochet, but instead I traced out one half of the embroidery pattern for my Christmas Project.  I hope to do the other tonight. I have just used greaseproof/baking parchment to transfer the design by drawing round the template onto the greaseproof and then going round the outline on the back of the greaseproof in pencil.  You could use carbon paper if you have it or Dressmakers carbon to transfer the image. I prefer to use the pencil as it transfer the image but it will wash out.

In the interim the Calico has been washed and dried in readiness for me to cut some panels out for my cushions.  I can then Sellotape into position and transfer the design onto the Calico. i want to make sure though that the cut is even and not wonky.  In reality that is likely to happen on either Thursday or Friday evening, when I can find my Fiskars scissors.  Said scissors are banned from anyone else using.

Once transferred onto the Calico, I can then start working the embroidery.  The Calico will need pressing before this and then I will mount it in my embroidery hoop so that I can attain a nice even tension. I will then be able to work this whilst listening to the radio or TV of an evening inbetween working the crochet.  I am running the projects side by side.  

A While back I had bought a couple of books on Redwork embroidery as I particularly like the simplicity of the projects however had not managed to actually start anything.  It was only when I saw the project in the Quilting Today supplement  that spurred me on to start it.

So I am gradually getting to do a few bits here and there which is good.  It is keeping my interest up in the projects as well and giving me some practical creating space which I am particularly pleased about.  It makes me feel as though I am not just working all the time as well.  I am driving OH nuts with it though; but as I see it he has two options.  It is something I want to do and if he cannot cope with it then he can always leave the room!  I need to do things that please me too.

So back now to the kitchen for the day,  Still a lot to do, but it will get done.it is just the "When".

Update:

Had a better day today; progress still slow, however things are starting to move.  The good news is that I am going to get a bit of a re-vamp in the kitchen as well which should mean it will be easier for me to work in and easier for me to keep clean. OH is working on that for me to make life a little easier.  I just have to finish so that he can start.  Means I can get on with another room whilst he is in the kitchen.  But still in the kitchen for now.  However I feel a lot happier with the progress I have made today. Phew  I was beginning to get a little concerned.  Once he has finished I can then slap some fresh paint on the walls and ceiling.  There is a new strip light to go up as well, as well as a couple of shelves under a unit on which I want to put a small electric cooker I have and also the Microwave.  The only other possible place for these is in the old chimney brast but there is no plug socket next to it so I think that if he can put me some shelves in here it will fit a treat.  My Ninja ~Foodie Pressure Cooker can then go where the microwave was under the old fireplace (it is currently a shelving system - the old Gas boiler used to be here when we first moved in).  Then we will have to look at the flooring which is past its best.  Don't want to push my luck too far.

We have had Gammon steaks and fresh pineapple for tea tonight which has gone down extremely well.  We had pudding tonight as well, Rhubarb Crumble and custard.  It was yummy.

Right had better get on still no end to do, but I am getting there.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

There has been lots of scrubbing and soaking going on today in any event.

Comments

  1. I hope you haven't tired yourself out. Enjoy the embroidery and the crochet to unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen will be brilliant for Xmas and so worth all your hard work - looking forward to seeing your redwork cushion too, to me redwork looks just lovely and so perfect for Xmas time - take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts