Work in the Dining Room

 ....is progressing much better than it was.  Just to explain my dining room has been used for the best part as storage from items I brought back from a storage locker.  A lot of stuff has been re-homed but what is left I am keeping.  I am gradually sorting through boxes, cleaning if necessary and then re-packing.  It is not just a case of go into the room, quick swish round and ta da everything is done.  This is why it is taking so long, but even with what has been done thus far I am very pleased with progress.  Everything smells lovely and clean.  I may be untidy but never unclean. This house is not easy to keep clean in any event and that is why I always seem to be cleaning. The furniture is also getting a good scrub down in readiness for a good polish later in the week.  It needs a good coat of beeswax.

It is also good to find things that I will use over the Christmas period.  We like cheese and I have a proper cheese safe. OH has been chuntering about buying some different cheeses for Christmas so this needs to be put into use. One day I would like a proper old fashioned meat safe/Cheese safe.

Cheese Safe/Box



Mine is a little different in that there is no base in it.  However there is as you have a lift out cheese board with a central handle and all four sides are wire meshed.

I have even found another small jar of Sloe Gin.

I located all my Christmas garlands that I hang in the dining room and in the front room.  They have been give a good brush down and re-decanted into a big plastic tub.  There are two different lots (one set for each room).

I have also bought some small storage tubs for adding to the pantry and/or the under-stairs store. Boxes for sorting out plugs, fuses, preserving pectin, that sort of thing and also my cheese-making kits. Once the kitchen is back to scratch I will be having a go.  I have a particular penchant for Goats cheese.

Right that is it for now.  Just had a cup of hot chocolate.  It has been a very cold day here in Peterborough. However the siren call of the dining room is bellowing in my ear.

Hopefully catch up a little later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts